Thinnest insulating board for walls

Members online

Hello,

I live in an end terraced house. I am thinking of insulating my boxroom and the hallway/landing as those areas get very cold in the winter. I can't afford external insulation.

What is the thinnest energy efficient thermal barrier I can put in? I don't want to lose space as the boxroom, hallway and the landing areas are quite small. Insulated plasterboards like Kingspan and Celotex are quick thick and would eat into my tiny room. The insulated boards would then have to be plastered which again, would add to the thickness.

Has anyone tried Corksol? It says on the website that it reduces heat loss by 30%. Would the cost of installing it make this reduction worthwhile?

Do I need to also install a vapour barrier, whether I put in Kingspan or Corksol?

Thank you in advance.

50mm celotex backed 12.5 plasterboard or its just not worth the expense or effort.

I have heard of insulated wallpaper on the grapevine. That might be worth having a look at if space is an issue.

I've insulated 2 houses fully with 37.5mm insulated plasterboard. Makes a huge difference.

37.5mm (insulation and plasterboard total thickness) Is the main thickness we use for internal insulation.

Corksol is expensive and no comparison thermally to a PIR board of any thickness. They don't even provide U-value calculations if you contact them direct.

Stick the boards directly to the wall with insta stick.

I've insulated 2 houses fully with 37.5mm insulated plasterboard. Makes a huge difference.

37.5mm (insulation and plasterboard total thickness) Is the main thickness we use for internal insulation.

Corksol is expensive and no comparison thermally to a PIR board of any thickness. They don't even provide U-value calculations if you contact them direct.

Stick the boards directly to the wall with insta stick.
Is Instastick a spray on glue and is it permanent? I spoke to a plasterer who prefers dot and dab which I think would add thickness to the plasterboard and the final plaster coat making the room even smaller. Would you know how much thicker would dot and dab add to the wall?
Thank you.

Is Instastick a spray on glue and is it permanent? I spoke to a plasterer who prefers dot and dab which I think would add thickness to the plasterboard and the final plaster coat making the room even smaller. Would you know how much thicker would dot and dab add to the wall?
Thank you.
10mm.