The Sale is On - DURA-STILTS 30% off until 30th April - Save £100 (or more)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

carobyn

This year is Carobyn's 30th anniversary - and we're offering 30% discount on all DURA-STILTS.

That's over £100 off (if you go for the Mark IV D24/40 model with optional lambswool) a pair - or just £184.10 plus VAT for the Model D14/22....

This is cheaper than we supply the merchants!

It's a genuine offer - all new UK stock, delivery free of charge, Lifetime Warranty, etc etc

See more at www.carobyn.com or call Richard direct on 01825 769966.

Also - if you order a pair of DURA-STILTS and add any extras (Eibenstock mixer? Kraft trowel? Board Prop GL4000) we offer the same discount on that as well (if it is in stock).

Maybe in another 30 years we'll be able to offer a 60% discount. Or not. Watch this space.

what i cant get my head around is Hopups are now banned on a lot of sites but you can have people running around on stilts which one day will kill someone. I think there a danger to anyone who is around or on them.I have seen people fall on them and you have a trowel flying through the air.

great for house bashing tho! and why woulld you want lambswool on them? seems a bit poncy, how bout a cashmere cover for handles of trowels

simplybesty said:
what i cant get my head around is Hopups are now banned on a lot of sites but you can have people running around on stilts which one day will kill someone. I think there a danger to anyone who is around or on them.I have seen people fall on them and you have a trowel flying through the air.

If yu cant use hop ups (which is f*ckin ridiculous but no shock for this r******d country) what are you supposed to use?

site regs are a joke now nelly pal it sometimes has an effect on your earning ability sometimes, you need these razor deck things its a joke everyone knows a plasterer needs to move about and to get a decent trowel sweep. - up down move along every swipe :mad:

I am developing a new hop up actually so am interested in this a lot.

Whats the problem are they saying you need handrails at just 2 foot high?

The hse say hop ups are okay actually
go to their webby here http://www.hse.gov.uk/falls/wait/wait-tool.htm and fill in the details

Height of working platform 0 - 1.5 meters

Work duration less than 30 mins (which it is because you actually on a hop up for 30 seconds at a time between moves)

Work activity = light which it is (your carrying about 4 pounds of plaster)

And it actually shows a ali hop up.

Some one some where is bullshlting about all thios probably the people who manufacture razor deck

Its not the hse that are mustard its the knob heads that run sites these days straight out of collage telling tradesman how to do the job, for instance 240v isnt banned on site by them its down to the discrection of the contractor what you can and cant do. I was on one job where you had to have a pasma just to push an ally tower ridiculous

pftmonojetman said:
Its not the hse that are mustard its the knob heads that run sites these days straight out of collage telling tradesman how to do the job, for instance 240v isnt banned on site by them its down to the discrection of the contractor what you can and cant do. I was on one job where you had to have a pasma just to push an ally tower ridiculous

Who pays for that big daft scaffold then?

nelly said:
pftmonojetman said:

Who pays for that big daft scaffold then?
like i said that was only one site i was on it was The main contractors scaffold not mine, im just a bottom of the food chain subby im afraid

You can hurt yourself tripping over your shoe lace, does that mean we need rules and regs about that?

None of it is to do with safety its about insurance premiums and spurious claims.

nelly said:
You can hurt yourself tripping over your shoe lace, does that mean we need rules and regs about that?

None of it is to do with safety its about insurance premiums and spurious claims.
quite right

It takes practice! I have seen a spread climb across a scaff board above a stair well before...lol

Like riding a bike I spose

Danny

Dura stilts also make a bench, i bought one twelve years ago and it's still in good nick, it's much better than stilts and folds up to a short plank, no analages thanks.

McPlaster said:
Dura stilts also make a bench, i bought one twelve years ago and it's still in good nick, it's much better than stilts and folds up to a short plank, no analages thanks.
Is that the one thats on wheels?

Bruce Willis said:
McPlaster said:

its the height adjustable one and if you want to buy one phil you're going to have to sell your house first

steve cov said:
Bruce Willis said:
McPlaster said:

its the height adjustable one and if you want to buy one phil you're going to have to sell your house first
Look I get it, I take it there either cheap and your makin out Im a tramp or your bein nice and sayin their expensive!
F**k em, I ve got my stilts and wouldnt use anything else now. ;D

Bruce Willis said:
steve cov said:
Bruce Willis said:
McPlaster said:

Look I get it, I take it there either cheap and your makin out Im a tramp or your bein nice and sayin their expensive!

don't look at the site then. just take it that i'm being nice...... (theyre £20)

steve cov said:
Bruce Willis said:
steve cov said:
Bruce Willis said:
McPlaster said:

don't look at the site then. just take it that i'm being nice...... (theyre £20)
Hadnt noticed this post! £20 missed out there then

Status
Not open for further replies.