The Beauty of Bank Hols

Over skimming artex ceilings, micro them first then skim, multi was nice to use today. Nice cold Guinness west indies porter when got home. (y)

Got up early, cuppa, nice walk with the dogs, caught up with Versailles on the telly, nice shower, nuvva cuppa and made the mrs and me some lovely poached eggs on toast for a bit of brekky before a really long walk.........no phoners, no groaners........magic .......four day week should be compulsory......
Within month or two will go into summer mode 8-2 life's too short.:descansando:

Was working today. Putting some kitchen units together and have either torn some cartilage or cracked a rib or something. Just a loud pop sound when I was bending over one. Didn't feel much at first then a hour or so later couldn't breath or bend over. Had to bin it and go to A and E. Two and a half hours waiting before I left. Full of drunks and scum.

Within month or two will go into summer mode 8-2 life's too short.:descansando:

Hard work out there mate , used to try 7 till 2 , never got there till closer to 9 after coffee and brandy :)
Once that searing heat comes its hard to do much.
I tell ya though , when your on your way to work on a balmy morning , blue skies and palm trees and the sparkling med , your do have a spring in your step compared to here :)

Hard work out there mate , used to try 7 till 2 , never got there till closer to 9 after coffee and brandy :)
Once that searing heat comes its hard to do much.
I tell ya though , when your on your way to work on a balmy morning , blue skies and palm trees and the sparkling med , your do have a spring in your step compared to here :)
Get used to anything and the temps go up gradually mad dogs n Englishman n all that . Said I'll take August off like the Spanish still yet to happen .

Skimming a master bedroom in a cottage today and tomorrow, spent the morning hacking back a few blown patches and filling them back in then got a set on after dinner nightmare angles on the ceiling but got it done just walls left tomorrow.

Came home and decided to swap my side loading door over on the van for a decent condition one I collected yesterday (current one got driven into)

Swapped all the locks and cables over and fitted it, blew the central locking fuse up because I was faffing about trying to line the points up, locked the front of the van and couldn't unlock it so van was un enterable. Head went started flapping trying to open the f**k*r thinking it was game over, luckily the back doors didn't lock so got through the back after taking the bulk head out and unlocked the front doors.

Checked the central locking fuses and they were all fine so started flapping again thinking I got no chance of locking my van then luckily found another more hidden fuse that was blown so changed that and was back to normal.

Eventful to say the least!!

I spent the weekend in a caravan at a kit car show :D

All good fun :D Came on the stand sideways and left it sideways... much to the annoyance of the organisers :D

Get used to anything and the temps go up gradually mad dogs n Englishman n all that . Said I'll take August off like the Spanish still yet to happen .

True , i did a few years there and was never as cold in winter! 15c and sunny and i felt like it was baltic.
Nice here for a change , sunny and warm , got the shorts on and up and out early , couple of hits and home :)
Weather makes such a difference to my mood , rainy and cold and id still be in bed.
Thinking of moving back out again next year , although probably to Italy.

True , i did a few years there and was never as cold in winter! 15c and sunny and i felt like it was baltic.
Nice here for a change , sunny and warm , got the shorts on and up and out early , couple of hits and home :)
Weather makes such a difference to my mood , rainy and cold and id still be in bed.
Thinking of moving back out again next year , although probably to Italy.
Good luck with the driving Buy a banger and chill out in the knowledge it don't matter,I'd never get a decent motor over here seen so many scrapes just getting out of spaces .

You'll be wearing these next! :rayos:
37364f99-0fdd-431f-8973-6f3b73f1cb4f.jpg

Last edited:
haha the one I was in was only used for this one show each year :D

Its ok but whichever way you look at it you are shitting in a cupboard :D
Kept my mouth shut about this one didn't want divorce, on positive side it would be good if I ever did plastering tour of the u.k and Ireland

time to cut the lawn.....then take the old fella for pint.
kids have worn me out already.
back to work tomorrow .....thank god !!!

Can't believe non of you wished me happy birthday!:nocausagracia: This time last year was in Venice, tomorrow helping paint our bedroom!:rayos::cool: