That plaster sealing question again with a twist

Stuart pollard

Hi professionals

I am a newbie to this plastering lark but thanks to the forum questions I have managed to do a half decent job plastering my bathroom. I have also picked up that to paint new plaster a mist coat is needed and if putting tiles up bal primer seems like choice. But my confusion lies on what do I use when I have to paint the top half and tile the bottom a wall. And to add to the confusion I plan on using a wetwall board on another wall which I know will also need sealed. So do I A. mist coat everything and prime tile and board area or B. chuck it all in a bucket add some dreaded pva for luck and throw it at the wall or C. A simple sensible solution provided by one of you wise people. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mark out your tiled area and use tile primer, mist coat the rest. You only need tile primer if using cement based bagged addy, not tubbed stuff. If using large format tiles, then you should use bagged addy...but I use it regardless these days in bathrooms.

Excellent thanks for the advice. I shall most coat everywhere and should my kind lady choose the biggest heaviest tiles I shall use the primer. And as for the showerboards if my plaster is not dusty after mist I will let the glue do it's job. Keep it simple like me. Thought I should show my handy work it's not perfect but it will do. I now have much respect for plasterers .

Attachments

• 20170415_175525.jpg
    20170415_175525.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 237
Excellent thanks for the advice. I shall most coat everywhere and should my kind lady choose the biggest heaviest tiles I shall use the primer. And as for the showerboards if my plaster is not dusty after mist I will let the glue do it's job. Keep it simple like me. Thought I should show my handy work it's not perfect but it will do. I now have much respect for plasterers .
Good egg. I've seen supposed "professional " spreads leave it much worse than that. You can be proud of yourself (y)

Good egg. I've seen supposed "professional " spreads leave it much worse than that. You can be proud of yourself (y)

Thank you marshy. I know it's far from a professional finish. It has a few dips and trowel marks here and there and maybe a polish but for a first attempt it was worth the blood sweat and nearly tears. I am proud but I wouldn't fancy doing a big wall. I don't like the time limits.
P.s. b&q value paint is so watery is makes a fine mist coat.

Thank you marshy. I know it's far from a professional finish. It has a few dips and trowel marks here and there and maybe a polish but for a first attempt it was worth the blood sweat and nearly tears. I am proud but I wouldn't fancy doing a big wall. I don't like the time limits.
P.s. b&q value paint is so watery is makes a fine mist coat.
Don't give up and don't lose your rag. Keep cool and calm when plastering mate. We all start from somewhere so don't worry about it mate