tanking question info please

brimplas1

evening fella's .... i need some advice on tanking, when i have tanked in the past i have always treated the brick work with an anti salt treatment then tanked the brick work and then two coat re-rendered with sbr in the render and slurried coats in between.... i know there are ways of doing this where you tank on a coat of render which is what i need to know as the job i am on the brick work is not good enough to tank straight onto so my questions are as follows ..

is the initial render coat with sbr in and if so what ratio sbr to water and what render mix ?
how long do i leave this before i tank and do i prime it before tanking ?
i want to top off with renovating plaster, do i have to prime before i do and how long do i have to leave it before topping???

3:1 SBR in your 3:1 render. 2 coats of tanking next day. Either leave the 2nd coat of tanking abit rough for a key or spatterdash/ slurry coat it then renovating. Leave it 24 hrs to cure before topping with finishing plaster. You want all the coats bar the skimming to go on when the other coats are still green

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

3:1 SBR in your 3:1 render. 2 coats of tanking next day. Either leave the 2nd coat of tanking abit rough for a key or spatterdash/ slurry coat it then renovating. Leave it 24 hrs to cure before topping with finishing plaster. You want all the coats bar the skimming to go on when the other coats are still green

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
Boooooom . Thread closed with one reply... thanks arti

I have, real tackle. All the info is on the bags, use the sbr they advise, that's good gear too, not like some of the piss knocking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which are piss?

What do you reckon are best to avoid?

If you are using K11 you need to be using the sovereign SBR in the red tub, its thicker than the everbuild etc stuff you see on the shelf. the pissy stuff is good for priming walls.

Make sure you use the correct spec as on the bag or the spec sheet, also don't mix more than you need.