Subtle dents in render finish

PotatoSack

Hey Guys,

So I rendered one of my new build walls, and it went to plan, mostly.
Essentially, I started a little late, added a bit too much plasticier and so the render took forever to harden up so I could rub it in. I ended up having to do it after dark. The wall is flat, and level, but I have a few "blemishes" in the render, and some dips that are <1mm and you can't see them unless the sun is in a certain position.

Not sure what to do here. What do you guys advise I do to "fill in" these minor dents in the finish?

Hey Guys,

Essentially, I started a little late, added a bit too much plasticier and so the render took forever to harden up so I could rub it in. I ended up having to do it after dark. The wall is flat, and level, but I have a few "blemishes" in the render, and some dips that are <1mm and you can't see them unless the sun is in a certain position.

Not sure what to do here. What do you guys advise I do to "fill in" these minor dents in the finish?
Kango the whole lot off and get(and pay well) someone who knows what there doingIt'll only be a subtle dent in your pocket..

Give it all another coat of render pal and start early to be sure to get it sponged. Sun is a t**t at right angle in day

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

Don't look at the render when the sun is in that certain position .

As you mentioned that dips that are <1mm and you can't see them unless the sun is in a certain position I would just consider leaving it as it is as the first option. Certainly I would not advise to filling it in, as it would likely making it worst.

The second option would be just to overcoat it with Vimark's Arenino VK2 which do not require any primer and works out at about £2 to £3 per m2 while allows for a nice looking posh sponged finish:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 334
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 284
  • Arenino VK2 job 2.jpg
    Arenino VK2 job 2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 267
  • Arenino VK2 job.jpg
    Arenino VK2 job.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 244
If it's in Britain it's only gonna look s**t for a few hours on six or seven days a year.......man-up, lower your standards.....and move on.

Rustic is the new black. Flat is overrated........(I might get that on a tee shirt).

Even the most experienced renderer can make a wall look really flat and blemish free.

Until the sun hits it at the 1'o clock position.

Vimark as above will make them less obvious.

Agree with the above

The Arenino is really good especially if it's a bit not right, if you use it I'd also advise make sure you can get the whole lot on with no joins in the gear to give a seemless uniform finish