1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

stone effect render

Discussion in 'Stone Effect Case Studies' started by warriorupnorth, May 12, 2012.

1. warriorupnorth

warriorupnorth Private Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  2. lilharbs

lilharbs New Member

Handsome job mate,serious patience required I reckon:RpS_thumbup:

3. andre

andre Member

i saw your job on this video and booked wallcrete course. nice job warrior. i need one of them, my first was a dwarf garden wall.....ONE WALL.ONE SIDE . used my own garden like a test centre the first cock ups went on at home not at a clients hse. i took your advise on internet buisness check out pedratek.com thanks for your wallcrete training. all the best Andre wallcrete by pedratek19.jpg
    IMG_4983pedratek.jpg North London Wallcrete job 1 wall 1 side

4. warriorupnorth

Nice one @andre looks good mate. New you'd make a go of it, not used to people taking as many notes as you did . Fair play to you and best of luck with future works

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  5. warriorupnorth

May I just add that the dwarf wall done by Andre is all free hand . No printing mats used only a texture skin, very good first hand cut job

6. Arti

Arti Private Member

Nice one Andre

7. keithuk

keithuk Private Member

Looks great mate ,this time next year ,you to will need a helicopter to show your work :RpS_thumbup:

8. Deri

Deri Active Member

I like it.

9. Nisus

Nisus Elite Member

Did the guy from near wembley phone you Paul?

10. warriorupnorth

??

11. Nisus

Nisus Elite Member

Take that as a no then.

12. warriorupnorth

Aye

13. That is fantastic! I'm going to try and get on the Aug training session. Just unsure of how to go about getting the 1st few jobs so I can start creating a new portfolio of this work.

14. church

church Private Member

PERKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hello

15. User___removed

User___removed Well-Known Member

I went on a course a few years back and thought a lot of the stuff looked ****.looks fake when sealed.did see a few good patterns though.

16. Nisus

Nisus Elite Member

I agree, with an imprinted mat & a gloss sealer it does look fake,
    but a hand carved stone or brick effect with a Matt sealer doesn't look fake :)
    Its like the concrete driveways I think they look sh1t, all the same colour no different colour grout/pointing lines & a gloss sealer it looks w a n k!
    But spend a little time carving back the joints to reveal the grey concrete underneath for the joints & it would look a lot better plus use a Matt sealer & bobs your uncle & Ryan swarts yet aunt :RpS_thumbsup:

17. User___removed

Can't get any better than Brick paving

18. Nisus

Nisus Elite Member

Yeah, I mean look at this shite :RpS_unsure:

[​IMG]

19. perlite

perlite Member

Matt sealers tend to do f all though don't they. That's the problem the less sheen, the less protection. Stencil crete have some nice flooring effects, how long that stays down is another matter

http://www.stencil-tech.co.uk/

20. User___removed

There a guy down my way who does stone effect.he doesn't use matt's,no sealer and just uses sand & cement not wallcrete gear.he uses dye's.his work looks smart tbh.hes a bricklayer/mason so has the eye for it

21. Nisus

Nisus Elite Member

Sounds good bobby, that's all you need really sand, cement, fibres, sbr & coloured pigment in the mixes.

22. User___removed

I believe he gets his dye through pics though

23. PICSbob

PICSbob Member

Sounds to me like some of you guys might benefit from attending one of our imprinted concrete Training Courses... :RpS_wink:

24. gunner

gunner New Member

Bobby, are you talking about me in North Devon?

25. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  26. User___removed

Depends who you are?!!!

27. hail hail

hail hail Well-Known Member

Don't like to rain on your parade mate but who ever designed that knows nothing about stone! I know it's stone effect but I think they should have taken the time to at least learn a few basics about stone. They have vertical lines running from bottom to top of wall. That's a big big no no in stone work. Best effect should be 2 on 1, 1 on 2 and 2 beside 1 and 2 beside 2. Defo nothing like in your pics!