Sponge floating skim plaster do you recommend this method for a diy plaster

Members online

Pancho

I've been using a speed skims and had some great results but I've seen the sponge method on line and interested in trying this method do you recommend it or not

erm... no... I have yet to see anyone sponge finish a set to a good standard... I know a few on here who claim to have it sussed... @spunky

erm... no... I have yet to see anyone sponge finish a set to a good standard... I know a few on here who claim to have it sussed... @spunky

I can
Screenshot_20161103-122600.png
20160929_154439.jpg

If you read the back of a bag of plaster there is a guide line instruction on it, no mention of a sponge on there at all.

You can do anything on domestic, and I mean anything -no one will know unless you confess

I'll take that as no then..I am also thinking of getting a Refina plaziflex trowel what do your opinion of them

I've been using a speed skims and had some great results but I've seen the sponge method on line and interested in trying this method do you recommend it or not
It's not for me personally but some swear by it.If it works for you and you make money go for it.Once the job is right.

Weirdly enough I've used it on some real rubbish walls where there are a multitude of different suction and thickness differential and found it can leave a better finish............. only thing is no normal person would notice and it did add time to the set so I don't really use it. Not one coating btw, haven't really tried that yet.

Am starting to think multi must be different to sponge then irish gyproc skim. Because irish gyproc skim is handy as f**k to sponge. I can get a finish with one coat and sponge as 2 coats. The sponge makes it a lot easier on the arm and to finish. On plasterboard.

Am starting to think multi must be different to sponge then irish gyproc skim. Because irish gyproc skim is handy as f**k to sponge. I can get a finish with one coat and sponge as 2 coats. The sponge makes it a lot easier on the arm and to finish. On plasterboard.

Defiantly agree with that Clemo. Skimcoat here is quite easy to sponge, whilst leaving a nice finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm from Dublin pal, been plastering 14 years now, seems to be picking up a lot here anyway. Seen from another post your based in Louth? Was it like there?

It's our summer now. It's about 35 degrees. The out door pools are busy lol.

The is a good bit of work at the moment. Am trying to stick to the small jobs. But am still doing the odd big job. Am trying to get using the machine full time as it's a lot easier on the body plus am a lazy b*****d this last year.

I'm from Dublin pal, been plastering 14 years now, seems to be picking up a lot here anyway. Seen from another post your based in Louth? Was it like there?

It's our summer now. It's about 35 degrees. The out door pools are busy lol.

There's a good bit of work at the moment. Am trying to stick to the small jobs. But am still doing the odd big job. Am trying to get using the machine full time as it's a lot easier on the body plus am a lazy b*****d this last year.