Speedskim do I don’t i

Members online

Not been on here for a while. I'm looking at coming out the dark ages and getting a speedskim. Only reason I haven't is 'if it ain't broke why fix it?'

Never struggled for work and the money is the best it's ever been. Domestics mainly.

Can I flip the question around and ask how many of you regulars on here still just use steel trowel start to finish?
Lately been using steel trowel but sometimes a speedskim on ceilings if there's not too many wires hanging down.

Yeah me too! I've been on about getting a speedskim since joining this site . Gonna do it because if it saves even a little labour then that's gonna help because I'm 40 now and the muscles and bones are beginning to ache!!

Yep shoulders ain’t what they use to be. I’m the same just needed the Clarification that the speedskim is going to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedskims on domestics sounds more hassle.
ive got all the gadgets ...there all in the garage.
i made my own plazzy thingy...i call it the "eze blue speed spat"
(pics on monday if i find my f**k**g van keys)

my 18" mt and mediflex seems to work out better ....especially in these depressing areas....

and yes im a messy c**t !!

Attachments

• 20171006_145717.jpg
    20171006_145717.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 333
  • 20171006_145655.jpg
    20171006_145655.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 304
  • 20171006_145649.jpg
    20171006_145649.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 336
  • 20171006_122607.jpg
    20171006_122607.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 281
  • 20171006_122550.jpg
    20171006_122550.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 325
  • 20171006_122607.jpg
    20171006_122607.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 314
  • 20171006_192545.jpg
    20171006_192545.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 301
Not been on here for a while. I'm looking at coming out the dark ages and getting a speedskim. Only reason I haven't is 'if it ain't broke why fix it?'

Never struggled for work and the money is the best it's ever been. Domestics mainly.

Can I flip the question around and ask how many of you regulars on here still just use steel trowel start to finish?
Me

speedskims on domestics sounds more hassle.
ive got all the gadgets ...there all in the garage.
i made my own plazzy thingy...i call it the "eze blue speed spat"
(pics on monday if i find my f**k**g van keys)

my 18" mt and mediflex seems to work out better ....especially in these depressing areas....

and yes im a messy c**t !!
Oh dear looks like I'm way behind.

Are you saying that on reskimming old walls speedskim is no good? And there are better tools for that type of work?

I thought there must be as a large feather edge type tool is never gonna flatten some terrible old curly walls that we all get on refurbs. So I think I'm looking more for a spat?

Any help would be much appreciated?

Sorry admin if wrong section

Oh dear looks like I'm way behind.

Are you saying that on reskimming old walls speedskim is no good? And there are better tools for that type of work?

I thought there must be as a large feather edge type tool is never gonna flatten some terrible old curly walls that we all get on refurbs. So I think I'm looking more for a spat?

Any help would be much appreciated?

Sorry admin if wrong section

as soon as i stop drinking stella i will try n help.
but at the moment im a wee bit fragile xx

as soon as i stop drinking stella i will try n help.
but at the moment im a wee bit fragile xx
Haha! Good on you man.
That's normally me on a Saturday but I'm getting life admin in check this weekend and won't even know what a forum is this time next week!

Using a combination of speedskim SF and ST on a pole for ceilings and speedskim SF and ox ultraflex for walls all i can say is i am that impressed that i will never use my Marshalltown for finishing again.

I Know its been discussed many times but on multi finish, as the formula seems to change from month to month, speed skim, plazi trowels and superflexis do make the job and finishing a lot easier, especially as the stuff is getting waxier, yesterday when we cleaned our board and dumped the plaster there was a sheen on the stuff as before it went dull very quickly, also noticed that tiger stripes don't appear to much with the speedskim/plastic trowels

Forget all the speedskim/spat/shite finish bollix - get yourself a Curry trowel then you'll really be fukced off

I do like the little 600mm eze spat Greg now its proper broken in.
My little noodle arms struggle with my 1000mm eze though.
I may need to hit the gym before getting that out again.
Maybe I could get the microsementalist to train me up a bit (y).
what do you reckon pal o_O.
I'm no way big built with massive arms but the 1m spat is awesome on bigger ceilings and walls but must admit as do mostly private/domestic work the 600 is f**k**g brilliant

Right , thanks everyone. After a bit more reading and that I've just ordered the st1200 st600 sf600 and pole. Synergy set. If I leave if a few more days I'll never do it. I've moved over to the dark side hoping it's lighter than the dark side I'm currently on!

I only use my speedskims on boards, s&c float coats pull in quick so i use spat on them, i just find it better !

Right , thanks everyone. After a bit more reading and that I've just ordered the st1200 st600 sf600 and pole. Synergy set. If I leave if a few more days I'll never do it. I've moved over to the dark side hoping it's lighter than the dark side I'm currently on!
Best of luck pal and we are all here if you need any advice or help

Best of luck pal and we are all here if you need any advice or help
Cheers
At the end of the day if I'm struggling my steel trowel is going no where and that's the reason I am doing well over the years. Sounds like people using different setups for different scenarios, but if I don't buy something then I'll never know what works best for me.

Cheers
At the end of the day if I'm struggling my steel trowel is going no where and that's the reason I am doing well over the years. Sounds like people using different setups for different scenarios, but if I don't buy something then I'll never know what works best for me.
Trust me I've lost count how many pics and tips I've had to give out regard the eze spat it's great

Haha! Will do. Worth a try, working in Derby tomorrow but should be able to get across to Beeston before 5pm.
Nice one, if no eze spat I'll see what's in.

Depends what mood I'm in, use steel start to finish in ceilings as we have to bond them first, and the stud walls need bonded so I use steel start to finish on them too. Then depends what mood I'm in sometimes I use mediflex for finishing sometimes just stick with steel trowel.

Cheers
Get yourself an 0x ultraflex mate you would leave a nice finish on on dog s**t using one of these.(y)