speed skim

Members online

carys

Ok lads can any body give me some advice on speed skim questions I'd like to ask . Is it any good ? Do u trowel before finish ? Which sise blade is most popular ? Or do u stik to old school lol

I have a 1200 which is great on big areas, but been thinking about getting a 600 for when there's alot of cables in the way. You can finish with one of the blades but I just use it for flattening. They have to be the best tool out there, anyone who doesn't use one is just making the job harder on themselves

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have a 1200 which is great on big areas, but been thinking about getting a 600 for when there's alot of cables in the way. You can finish with one of the blades but I just use it for flattening. They have to be the best tool out there, anyone who doesn't use one is just making the job harder on themselves

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks

We use the speedskim to flatten off and the easy spat for finishing but we've just bought the speedskim sf blade and pretty impressed it seals the skim in nicely so might do away with the blue blade

On re skims I would probably stick to the 600 blue blade and a trowel it seems to follow the walls better you never know what you are going over

I would wait and get a 900 one there are a very good size for everything
9e299839aac2c83e9a99b424b3692207.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok lads can any body give me some advice on speed skim questions I'd like to ask . Is it any good ? Do u trowel before finish ? Which sise blade is most popular ? Or do u stik to old school lol

If your still thinking about it..... using a 1200ST to flatten and a 900SF to finish I have finally managed to finish with just speedskims, only time a trowel touched it was putting it on and in the top corners.

If you really want to use them then they can work...... can't wait till the blade wears in a little.

20170605_181911.jpg

Last edited:
I personally think there pony but maybe its because i havent got use to using it or using it well. The picture above looks like a blinding bit of finishing!!! But i use the blue blade to flatten in the first coat if its a big hit ect so no horriable lines come through [emoji1303][emoji1303]

I personally think there pony but maybe its because i havent got use to using it or using it well. The picture above looks like a blinding bit of finishing!!! But i use the blue blade to flatten in the first coat if its a big hit ect so no horriable lines come through [emoji1303][emoji1303]

To be fair blue blade alone I can't do anymore then flatten, i love it for that but nothing more... I'm now a believer after buying the SF lol........ haven't worked out if it can be any faster but it's a nice change on big areas.

To be fair blue blade alone I can't do anymore then flatten, i love it for that but nothing more... I'm now a believer after buying the SF lol........ haven't worked out if it can be any faster but it's a nice change on big areas.

Ill just stick to the trowels. Speed skims Maybe quicker but still takes the same time to go off. So keep yaself fit and get round it lol

Ill just stick to the trowels. Speed skims Maybe quicker but still takes the same time to go off. So keep yaself fit and get round it lol

It's actually foe ceilings I want it for..... fed up of up and down on hopups and don't really like stilts but struggling to control it on a stick lol

It's actually foe ceilings I want it for..... fed up of up and down on hopups and don't really like stilts but struggling to control it on a stick lol

I dont do stilts either. I see what your saying can be agg for the back of your calves but i just cant get use to a speed skim to a full finish

Repetitive strains are the bane of a plasterers life. A change is often as good as rest.
I love my speedy. I use spats, filling knives , anything to rest muscles.

Agree rest where you can. Im no top grafter but wrist elbow shoulder neck back knees all ache like f**k

Use 1200 all the time, game changer for me. Got a 600 but never use it, try to then just pick mediflex up as not much smaller.

to be fair i have never managed to finish with the speedskim... I like them for flattening in and what not :D

to be fair i have never managed to finish with the speedskim... I like them for flattening in and what not :D

Same i think there qualitt for flattening the first coat especially on big hits

Skimming a ceiling with 54 boards on it next Monday, 3 of us will throw it on and I'll finish it of the floor start to finish with speedskim. Blueblade then steel.
Great bit of kit.

Skimming a ceiling with 54 boards on it next Monday, 3 of us will throw it on and I'll finish it of the floor start to finish with speedskim. Blueblade then steel.
Great bit of kit.

thats a big ceiling