Socket beads

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
My mate just texted these to me ,I never used them or seen them before tbh , has anyone used them before?

Thanks

IMG_4205.JPG
IMG_4206.JPG
IMG_4204.JPG

I bet you've emailed company saying you trial new stuff and if they send you a box of them with a t shirt you'll do a vid and talk about them loads to get there sales up.

I bet you've emailed company saying you trial new stuff and if they send you a box of them with a t shirt you'll do a vid and talk about them loads to get there sales up.
Lol my mate just asked, so I thought I'd ask on here as I've never used them tbh they look good to me but would they fit over a loosened socket plate and dab on is what I'd only really use them for as second fix is normally already done on most of my jobs

There alright to use but really not necessary, do leave a nice clean line but ain't no different to letting it pull in then cutting the fat off after.

Also if you do use them make sure there stapled on firm as they wonder about a bit

Maybe not for site guys on fresh boards old caved in refurb with sockets sunk to far back might be useful, just thinking out loud

i took out chimneys mate....double dabbed and put sockets into these areas.
its fine the usual way....i told the spark before hand.
he said its no problem....and everything is normal.
he just used longer screws.

I have been sent a few versions in teh past and in my opinion these are better

step-2.jpg

step-4.jpg

step-3.jpg

The cardboard just comes out nicely and with multiple boxes you skim over the lot... if you use a bead you would need to make sure that each been is level to the next one... (if that makes sense)

All these things are great but sparks do us no favours and will still not tuck cables in and leave more than enough hanging out of the box's .

Anything to strengthen is good in my book..I'm addicted to render mesh in skim. Tested some on ceiling at home. Hairlines coming off loft hatch, normal scrim cracked, one I did with mesh didn't.

having a break from it today.....a wee bit of gardening !!
still got a bloody float in my hands though !!

Attachments

• 20170403_154207.jpg
    20170403_154207.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 462
Lol my mate just asked, so I thought I'd ask on here as I've never used them tbh they look good to me but would they fit over a loosened socket plate and dab on is what I'd only really use them for as second fix is normally already done on most of my jobs

You can cut one of the corners with your snips then they will fit. (y)

I'm all for them... PROVIDING....there installed by the sparky...

Or its just 1 more thing to have to do and more to the point have to pay for!!!

Jeeeezzzz not like we ain't got enough to do already!!!!

If the tails are long I leave enough and then tuck them in... I hate doing it but but the electrician has already got paid and I want to get paid as well so doing the best job possible helps getting paid :D

The customer tends to not care either... :D