Smooth render with silver sand

Members online

No members online now.
D

Deleted member 31062

Alright people.

I'm starting a job soon an the builder as got silver sand an snowcrete for a white smooth finish. It's on brick. I wouldn't have went down the old silver sand route myself but he's got it ready to go. Iv used it doing dry dash but not floating up a big area. Any tips for doing this? Or is it a bad idea. Ratio would be good also? Read today 5-1-1 silver-snowcrete-lime is good. A reply would be great. Thanks

Alright people.

I'm starting a job soon an the builder as got silver sand an snowcrete for a white smooth finish. It's on brick. I wouldn't have went down the old silver sand route myself but he's got it ready to go. Iv used it doing dry dash but not floating up a big area. Any tips for doing this? Or is it a bad idea. Ratio would be good also? Read today 5-1-1 silver-snowcrete-lime is good. A reply would be great. Thanks
Silver sand is a pleasure to use, most of the guys down this way opt for silver sand as first choice mixed 5:1:1 or 4:1:1 with a dash of waterproof or Feb left to turn over in the mixer it's lovely to use I suspect @Olican will agree it's decent. Mixed with white cement that will cure very bright though?

Silver sand is a pleasure to use, most of the guys down this way opt for silver sand as first choice mixed 5:1:1 or 4:1:1 with a dash of waterproof or Feb left to turn over in the mixer it's lovely to use I suspect @Olican will agree it's decent. Mixed with white cement that will cure very bright though?
Cheers mate. Ive not used silver sand since apprentice an that was one job an dry dash. Never floated. Wasn't my choice in material but the builder is old school. He said it's fine to use so it's on him if it falls off ha! Yeah he wants it bright white ha!