Silver sand added to pearl grey pebbledash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathdash

I have only joined this site and I would like some advice regarding pebbledash. My new house has reached this stage and I am considering dash as it would be low maintenance. I also think that dash may be more suitable as the house is close to trees and woodland area. I need a bright colour and have consider pearl grey. My question is regarding the sand used in this dash. Could the builder use silver sand to the grey stone dash to brighten it or is it too expensive. If not silver sand can lime or any other brightening be used?

Silver sand would make it grey tho it is quite (dead) to dash with and takes carefully mixing (hydrated lime would improve the mix and would brighten it up tho sometimes can be to bright for the backing.
Get your plasterer to do some sample panels on the wall to compare, say one mix with 6:1:1 sand lime cement. Or 4:1 sand cement. Make sure the chippings have been washed first tho. Good luck

i did a few houses with pearl grey, silver sand and grey cement. the silver sand made it fairly expensive. now i use plastering sand grey cement and lime, it looks as good as silver sand

I have only joined this site and I would like some advice regarding pebbledash. My new house has reached this stage and I am considering dash as it would be low maintenance. I also think that dash may be more suitable as the house is close to trees and woodland area. I need a bright colour and have consider pearl grey. My question is regarding the sand used in this dash. Could the builder use silver sand to the grey stone dash to brighten it or is it too expensive. If not silver sand can lime or any other brightening be used?

looks great

Thank you all for replies. House completed with dash, cement and lime. It looks similar to using silver sand. My builder did 3 samples and I made a choice. The builder forgot what I had chosen and did the dash, lime and cement mix lol. I was very annoyed at first but it looks grand.

Thank you all for replies. House completed with dash, cement and lime. It looks similar to using silver sand. My builder did 3 samples and I made a choice. The builder forgot what I had chosen and did the dash, lime and cement mix lol. I was very annoyed at first but it looks grand.

got any pictures?

Evening people, can anyone please tell me the name of this dash? I'm trying to match it on a shed...

Attachments

• DSCF0728.JPG
    DSCF0728.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 801
  • DSCF0726.JPG
    DSCF0726.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 875
Yep that looks like spar same as Compton buildings use on there concrete garages .

Status
Not open for further replies.