Silicone Render like spider web pattern

SuzeyQ

Hi all. I’ve recently had a wall rendered and it looks odd (spider web pattern) and some of it has blown. The renderer is a lovely guy and has already taken away the blown render but thinks the problem with the blown part is rain water getting in behind it! My builders are saying that that’s not the case and querying the dodgy pattern too. My builders are also saying that silicone shouldn’t crack. Any ideas? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Sue

Attachments

• IMG_9178.jpeg
    IMG_9178.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_9347.jpeg
    IMG_9347.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_9346.jpeg
    IMG_9346.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
there is no silicone on there yet. the silicone is the coloured bucket topcoat.

what you see is the cement basecoat which jas come clean off the mesh.

This is unusual and i would say mesh dont look like its been bedded on to a basecoat. and instead dry fixed to the wall then basecoat over the top.

could be wrong though

Hi all. I’ve recently had a wall rendered and it looks odd (spider web pattern) and some of it has blown. The renderer is a lovely guy and has already taken away the blown render but thinks the problem with the blown part is rain water getting in behind it! My builders are saying that that’s not the case and querying the dodgy pattern too. My builders are also saying that silicone shouldn’t crack. Any ideas? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Sue

That cracking - looks like that mesh and beasecoat is moving like a ' whole blanket' off of the wall.

Pinned it for a reason only he knows, but that hasn't worked.

Bad prep.

All off, start again

Ffs!