Silicone Render - Licata System - Please help me I am pulling my hair out

Members online

Rowe

Hello all
I am not sure if this site is just for tradespeople, or if anyone can post and ask a question, apologies if this is just for the trade.
I am a home owner who is having silicone render applied to my brick house and block garage.
I have a few questions really as I am starting to worry about certain things and I wary the company is just tell me what I want to hear.
I have an old plinth at the bottom of my house, originally the company started to render over the bricks, over the plinth and straight to the ground level, I questioned this and my research suggests this would be bridging the DPC, now they have installed a stop bead to above the plinth height, which is over the damp course. They said I did not need a bell bead as the plinth has a natural fall/is a natural bell bead. They have also applied a stop bead above ground level and have rendered the plinth. Please can someone tell me if this is correct.
Also my house and garage is actually on soil and grass. My garage has rendering to ground level with a bead placed at DPC. When I come to install a new drive, I need to grade the soil away from the driveway, however by doing this some of the rendering would be under the soil, the company is saying this would be ok and silicone is waterproof, again could someone please tell me if this would be ok, I was thinking of a retaining wall so that no rendering would be under the soil as again in my research this is not a good idea.

I would really appreciate any advise.

Thank you all so much.

Hello all
I am not sure if this site is just for tradespeople, or if anyone can post and ask a question, apologies if this is just for the trade.
I am a home owner who is having silicone render applied to my brick house and block garage.
I have a few questions really as I am starting to worry about certain things and I wary the company is just tell me what I want to hear.
I have an old plinth at the bottom of my house, originally the company started to render over the bricks, over the plinth and straight to the ground level, I questioned this and my research suggests this would be bridging the DPC, now they have installed a stop bead to above the plinth height, which is over the damp course. They said I did not need a bell bead as the plinth has a natural fall/is a natural bell bead. They have also applied a stop bead above ground level and have rendered the plinth. Please can someone tell me if this is correct.
Also my house and garage is actually on soil and grass. My garage has rendering to ground level with a bead placed at DPC. When I come to install a new drive, I need to grade the soil away from the driveway, however by doing this some of the rendering would be under the soil, the company is saying this would be ok and silicone is waterproof, again could someone please tell me if this would be ok, I was thinking of a retaining wall so that no rendering would be under the soil as again in my research this is not a good idea.

I would really appreciate any advise.

Thank you all so much.
We need pictures to make an informed statement

I will upload some photos of what I am picking the company up on.

Attachments

• 20230726_062758.jpg
    20230726_062758.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 20230728_114634.jpg
    20230728_114634.jpg
    785.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 20230728_114653.jpg
    20230728_114653.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 20230728_114803.jpg
    20230728_114803.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
  • 20230728_114814.jpg
    20230728_114814.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
  • 20230728_121349.jpg
    20230728_121349.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
  • 20230728_121739.jpg
    20230728_121739.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
  • 20230728_143002.jpg
    20230728_143002.jpg
    609.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 20230728_143019.jpg
    20230728_143019.jpg
    840.1 KB · Views: 148
Instead of taking two minutes to take the drain covers off they rendered around them so they were stuck, I noticed and pulled them off myself. Mesh is still showing in places, the corners are bad, with grass actually rendered into one corner. I have had a week from hell with them and am now wondering if I should just tell them to bugger off and try to find someone new. I would really appreciate any in put from people in the know. Is this fixable and I have put my whole life savings and 6 years of hard work into this house.

Last edited:
Instead of taking two minutes to take the drain covers off they rendered around them so they were stuck, I noticed and pulled them off myself. Mesh is still showing in places, the corners are bad, with grass actually rendered into one corner. I have had a week from hell with them and am now wondering if I should just tell them to bugger off and try to find someone new. I would really appreciate any in put from people in the know. Is this fixable and I have put my whole life savings and 6 years of hard work into this house.
We have seen some s*** on here, that probably tops them all, It's obvious what you've got to do without being told.

You want to kick fuk out of them for leaving that pile of s**t. You'll sleep better

The company that carried out that work is trying to take money from you by false pretences. They have devalued your property and stole money from you. No way has the operatives any business to carry out this work.

Thank you all for your comments, sorry it has taken me a while to come back. As you can imagine I have had a lot of sleepless nights over this. The company have since been back out and made repairs to all the points I brought to their attention. They are meant to come back to do the top coat however I am so nervous. I just dont know where to go from here as I have already paid £5,000 and do not have the money to get another company in. The two bosses of the company have apologized for the poor workmanship and have told me they will carry out the work themselves moving forward. I knew when I inspected the work it was a very poor standard. Is there anyone on here in the Kent area that could help put this work right. Thank you all so much.

Thank you all for your comments, sorry it has taken me a while to come back. As you can imagine I have had a lot of sleepless nights over this. The company have since been back out and made repairs to all the points I brought to their attention. They are meant to come back to do the top coat however I am so nervous. I just dont know where to go from here as I have already paid £5,000 and do not have the money to get another company in. The two bosses of the company have apologized for the poor workmanship and have told me they will carry out the work themselves moving forward. I knew when I inspected the work it was a very poor standard. Is there anyone on here in the Kent area that could help put this work right. Thank you all so much.
Ask the 2 bosses why did they take the piss out of you by send a couple of bucket washes to your home? You paid for operative's who are skilled in system not a pair of idiots!

Ask the 2 bosses why did they take the piss out of you by send a couple of bucket washes to your home? You paid for operative's who are skilled in system not a pair of idiots!
I did make that point to them, I made many points to them when they attended. I told them I feel very let down and have lost confidence in their company. Both the boss's are coming Monday to complete the top coat themselves. I used this company as they are actually an approved contractor of Licata System rendering so thought I would be in safe hands. I have spoken to Licata regarding my concerns as well so they are aware. I am not paying any more money until the work is complete and I am satisfied. I am just hoping the worst is behind me and the rest of the job goes well. I have also told the boss men I do not want the same workers back here on Monday when they come to complete. According to the boss they will come in a gang of 6. Fingers crossed all will be ok. Thank you all so much for your replies. I am normally such a chilled person however this experience has caused me a lot of anxiety and stress.

In all honesty I don't think they can just fix it by slapping top coat on it. The whole thing meant to be flat and corners tidy, as your top coat only gonna be as good as the background. It's bodged and rushed and it's f**k*d unfortunately

I did make that point to them, I made many points to them when they attended. I told them I feel very let down and have lost confidence in their company. Both the boss's are coming Monday to complete the top coat themselves. I used this company as they are actually an approved contractor of Licata System rendering so thought I would be in safe hands. I have spoken to Licata regarding my concerns as well so they are aware. I am not paying any more money until the work is complete and I am satisfied. I am just hoping the worst is behind me and the rest of the job goes well. I have also told the boss men I do not want the same workers back here on Monday when they come to complete. According to the boss they will come in a gang of 6. Fingers crossed all will be ok. Thank you all so much for your replies. I am normally such a chilled person however this experience has caused me a lot of anxiety and stress.
The most skilled topcoat, won't make a difference, it's diabolical,
If it was me, first thing I'd get my 5k back,
When it was in my hand, I'd bil them for the removal.

Hello all

Sorry it has taken a while to update on the progress. After 5 weeks of hell. The job is finally finished. The job now looks amazing and I am very happy. A lot of areas at base coat were re-done. Now the top coat is complete it is everything I had imagined and more. It looks very crisp, sharp and has defo added kerb appeal. I would not use the company again due to the sheer amount of problems I have had however as I say the outcome is now lovely. I just wanted to come on here and thank you all for your comments and help.

Hello all

Sorry it has taken a while to update on the progress. After 5 weeks of hell. The job is finally finished. The job now looks amazing and I am very happy. A lot of areas at base coat were re-done. Now the top coat is complete it is everything I had imagined and more. It looks very crisp, sharp and has defo added kerb appeal. I would not use the company again due to the sheer amount of problems I have had however as I say the outcome is now lovely. I just wanted to come on here and thank you all for your comments and help.
Yes