Selling my Graco Airless

Members online

TonyM

Private Member
f97a9ddb82dd138854d05f74f766a887.jpg

Graco G-Max 5900 Pro Connect, Honda powered spray plant.
6 months old. Only use for one job. Like new!
Cost me £3100 + Vat.
Will take £2500 + Vat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly- I can't be bothered to push the system. I struggle to find people to help me, and it's a big lump to lug about on my own. Plus, it's a system for two or three man gang, not a one man band.

Did you do airless on any jobs? The way everyone was raving about it I expected it to take off.

Only one large house. About 1000m2
I could get a fair bit if I wanted, but I don't want to.

Honestly- I can't be bothered to push the system. I struggle to find people to help me, and it's a big lump to lug about on my own. Plus, it's a system for two or three man gang, not a one man band.

Hit the nail on head there I know most on here might think I'm a bit of a turd but this is the thing I honestly think is what Bg,knauf, and all the machine makers should be looking at developing.. A machine and a material that ONE plasterer can set up,use and clean with ease on there OWN.
I talked to some people about this and it was like it's not even on the radar but to me it probably would be the biggest selling system of machine and plaster ever.

Anyways
All the best tony mate, someone will buy it

Hit the nail on head there I know most on here might think I'm a bit of a turd but this is the thing I honestly think is what Bg,knauf, and all the machine makers should be looking at developing.. A machine and a material that ONE plasterer can set up,use and clean with ease on there OWN.
I talked to some people about this and it's was like it's not even on the radar but to me it probably would be the biggest selling system of machine and plaster ever.

Anyways

Thanks. No doubt there are blokes out there who do this on their own, and thrive. I'm 51, and not 'chasing' it anymore, and to take on the work, try to find blokes to do it for you, etc, etc, really doesn't appeal to me now. Too many c**ts out there.

I talked to some people about this and it was like it's not even on the radar but to me it probably would be the biggest selling system of machine and plaster ever.

Anyways

It's a very big ask. One man to prep, set up, spray, finish and clean up - I don't see how they can make a machine that will make that lot easy, whichever way you look at it it is a lot of work for one man. No doubt there are lads out there doing it but like Tony said the older guys and the guys not chasing it want an easier life.

Anyways
They could call it the handboard and trowel :)

They could call it the handboard and trowel :)
Sorry for taking it off op but have to answer this one, mate with all due respect (and I honestly mean that) since 1210 when the first ever houses were plastered on the order of the king of England that was the case, I have absolutely no desire to carry that draconian way on, I mean come on, it's nearly 2020 surely you caught my drift.

Tell you what I'll simplify it , remember when decking planks were painted with a brush and now either me/you can buy a backpack full of decking stain and spray the shite on, top job.

Get with the flow bro

Last edited:
Sorry for taking it off op but have to answer this one, mate with all due respect (and I honestly mean that) since 1210 when the first ever houses were plastered on the order of the king of England that was the case, I have absolutely no desire to carry that draconian way on, I mean come on, it's nearly 2020 surely you caught my drift.

Tell you what I'll simplify it , remember when decking planks were painted with a brush and now either me/you can buy a backpack full of decking stain and spray the shite on, top job.

Get with the flow bro

Are you using your ritmo to spray skim yet vince.
Genuine question?

Bit of a daft statement vince. Hand applying plaster is as relevant now as it was at the beginning, Just because there is some newfangled machinery out does not mean they are better or more convenient in every scenario. If you have no desire to carry on that draconian way you better retire because it's still the best we've got in most circumstances in the domestic market.

Bit of a daft statement vince. Hand applying plaster is as relevant now as it was at the beginning, Just because there is some newfangled machinery out does not mean they are better or more convenient in every scenario. If you have no desire to carry on that draconian way you better retire because it's still the best we've got in most circumstances in the domestic market.

Agreed. 80% of my work is 10m and under. Sod frigging about setting up and cleaning down a machine for that.

Yeah but , no but, yeah but ooooh

Get with the flow bro
You talk some s**t.

Daft c**t will still be using his handboard and trowel he lives in cuckoo land.

I know that's what I'm saying , so why don't someone sort something for us to make it work is all I saying

Only on a few jobs end of last year, most of run in to Christmas jobs just to small, not even worth thinking about using it on them

Not that daft really just want to spray on my own
But your not planning on going on site so not worth thinking about.

If it aint broke don't fix it. Companies wont invest millions on a revolutionary skimming machine because a few moaners on the plasterers forum don't like hand applying - even if they did come up with a machine it would be expensive and most people would stick to what they know and continue using their hawk and trowel.

Anyways

Agreed Vincey!

;)

I am a one man band. What I want is plaster that I can lash on all over by whatever means (easier the better). I don't want it to set too fast, I want to be able to put it all on in one go no matter what variables there are. Then I want a gizmo that I place in the centre of the room that's skimmed, switch on and it emirates a beam or glow of special light that causes a reaction with the wet, r******d plaster....this reaction causes the plaster to set in a controlled way, absofuckinglutely flat and smooth....That my son, would be plastering.....

Thanks, spill the beans then, do you mean airless is ? I will check this out if that's what you saying, only negative for me is if I could not get a perfect finish, tbh I wouldn't want to go back to someone's house to sand it down.

Sanding is minimal and the finish will be better then anything you have done before

One man can setup airless no problems. The machine can be left full of plaster and just chuck the gun in some water overnight. Next day spraying at a flick of a switch

Also ritmos take 10 mins to setup and one man could spray 30-40m2 on their own no worries. Not sure why everyone thinks it's such a ball ache