Self Promoting Your Own Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Over the last few days, I am seeing more and more companies coming into the forum promoting their own products whether its materials or tools. This is not very fair on the companies who pay for the right to promote their products on the site.

The forum is not a place for you to get free traffic to your sites so that you can sell them tools, training or materials. How would you like it if I turned up to your shop or offices and dropped huge banners over the front of the building? I don't think you would approve unless it was going to be beneficial for both parties, and as it stands the only people that are gaining from it are the business owners.

Companies that continuously promote on the site will get invoiced for the full advertising rate, and there won't be any negotiations whatsoever.

I understand that some members on here give a lot of information away and help out and also sell products, and I understand that and that is why we give you a bit of lee way but there are a lot of companies that are adding no value to the site.

We rely heavily on sponsorship for this site to exist and without the sponsors we wouldn't have a site at all so look after the companies who look after us. Also all of the sponsors make sure that they give away lots of freebies and demo products and this is why its of benefit to members to keep using them.

Regards,

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.