Seeking advice please

Members online

Cheers zombie....said earlier in thread if was gonna look bad id leave it....around windows and doors was good first time but against roughcaster wishers builder fud told him to go over it again and that why it crap finish now...was all done white but job did look good just colour was way off!!

When it was redone they should have set beads onto the existing, cant see any reason why the couldn't. They have also dashed first then done ingos

You could run a small smooth band round door and window wouldn't look out off place because it's away from main house which doesn't have bands but you would have to do it with beads it's an option? Was it a friend that did it ?

No mate was builders roughcaster...they gone now....I know a roughcaster who was hoping could maybe do something with it...but making job of other workers f*ck up making me reluctant to ask him lol...what a small smooth band?

Like these but narrower or whatever width you like around door and window

Attachments

• IMG_0436.PNG
    IMG_0436.PNG
    838.7 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0437.PNG
    IMG_0437.PNG
    997.4 KB · Views: 238
Beads,beads! The best thing I have learnt from this forum( well actually from the machine forum before this one, Stuart's mate, sorry his name has gone, Steve?. )but he said EVERYWHERE render stops there must be a bead, never a truer word said, I bead round everything and it looks awesome at finish. I still see people rendering reveals against windows and its wavey as f**k. Sometimes time consuming but if you take pride in your work wayhay. I'll never be rich but I sleep easy..

Fair play you've got what you wanted and asked Davey to do etc

But I must say its not my cup of tea but that is by no way any criticism of Davy's workmanship he's given you a solution that your happy with and that's all that counts!

Just don't think it sits particularly well with the dashing personally.

But hey ho doesn't do for us all to be the same.

Zombie

Hi stuart....beers are there mate....cause it been done twice!! That's why was asking earlier if around windows etc could be removed and re done without touching walls!
I agree with you here its not a good finish at all. The reveals look like they have been put on after the finish. Is it roughcast or pebble dash ?it looks like dash the bottom looks like its bleached. maybe the rain hit it. same under downpipe. Generally the edges and corners have no sharpness. It dont need a plasterer to see that its not the same as the rest of your house which im guessing thats what you expected it to look like. best option for a IMO is redo the Ingots or reveals either to a corner bead or work to a straight timber. either trim back bellcast of all snobs or bed 2x2 inch timber under it and relay a bellcast with render then you will have good edges to work to. select the correct colour dash and reciever and redo the whole areas.

66ad2bc255192de09695b431356d7293.png

Reveals are not straight
d532a5a8a5268a67844af2836ccff9a7.png

Dips along bottom
1e1a903dcd5187754157c89ac99e8a9c.png

This is just off photos & seeing it would be different , I can see faults off the photos

I read the first page on this! As per it looked ok? Hence the add of this as I was a bit puzzled the areas hadn't been picked up on , reading now looks like you are sorted [emoji1360] whoops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: