rough cast / wet dash (mix ratio and stones)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooptaza

Hi pro's

Just asking what you guys would mix your wet dash at. I was thinking of miximg it at 4 stones: 2 sand: 1 cement and half of lime. Any better suggestions.

Also the house is an old one. The stones used before was 10mm. I hate using them but have to match it in with the old work, was hoping to use 6mm stones.

It is going to be painted white and my friend insists on using white cement and brown sand. (whats the point of that)

anyway thats all for now.

The stone ratio is normally half your sand or just dry dash it then cement sluuryit over the stones with bit of sbr in cleaner job

What would you do with this house. Try match it in or renew the gable. It come of easy enough. Think i might kango it of and redo it. IMG_0135.jpg IMG_0136.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,754
What would you do with this house. Try match it in or renew the gable. It come of easy enough. Think i might kango it of and redo it.View attachment 2169View attachment 2170
If its sound I would leave it, just cut a straight line down the corner and rough cast to it..
3,2,1 is the mix I would use, it's gonna be different from the existing anyway due to the layers of paint, you could try and match it but it would probably end up like bunches of grapes, or find a rounder chip to match..

If its sound I would leave it, just cut a straight line down the corner and rough cast to it..
3,2,1 is the mix I would use, it's gonna be different from the existing anyway due to the layers of paint, you could try and match it but it would probably end up like bunches of grapes, or find a rounder chip to match..

Cheers, think i might do that. Do you ever use lime in the mix or just a we bit of moratr mix

Cheers, think i might do that. Do you ever use lime in the mix or just a we bit of moratr mix
Usually don't use lime but just finished a job where the lime was premixed with the sand, didn't like it to put on but casting was a joy...usually I Scratch coat with plasticiser and touch of waterproofer then top coat with plasticiser and waterproofer (sovereign) then hit with 3,2,1 no additives, works for me..

Usually don't use lime but just finished a job where the lime was premixed with the sand, didn't like it to put on but casting was a joy...usually I Scratch coat with plasticiser and touch of waterproofer then top coat with plasticiser and waterproofer (sovereign) then hit with 3,2,1 no additives, works for me..

I think i might go with the 3:2:1. I was going to go for the 4:2:1:half lime. But a lot of people seem to like the 3:2:1 ratio

do you know does this 3:2:1 mix fit in a one bag mixer

Job done - the 4:2:1:half of lime mix turned out a bullocks. There was no body to it... Had to make it more like 3:2:1:1 maybe it was a little more cement than that. but it turned out ok in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.