Replacing cladding.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex88

Morning all! Just signed up so go easy on me...

I'm just about to render the back of my house and will be using k-rend. I'm not in the plastering trade but I am quite capable when it comes to building work.

My problem is that we would like to remove the cladding and replace it with render. I first thought that there would be block work behind the cladding but it lightweight block only, and after you remove the cladding there is about a 100mm recess across the back of the house that would need to be filled to being it out level with the doors down below.

What are my option? Should I just render straight over the lightweight block and construct an edge, or I was think about boarding it out some how. Maybe insulation board then render over the top.

Hope this make sense, will try and upload some photos as well.

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by a moderator:
Better late then never. I would love to remove the cladding on the front and back but I can't see an easy way of bring the wall back out level.

Any info would be great.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 580
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 521
Dab and fix insulation boards to the whole lot and use thicker ones where it goes in then follow the rest of the instructions on there website :)

Dab and fix insulation boards to the whole lot and use thicker ones where it goes in then follow the rest of the instructions on there website :)
Could I just apply insulation board to where the cladding use to be, allowing me to make that surface level with the red brick work on each side?

Guessing the insulation board would be dot and dab straight on top the lightweight block but would it be best to use machanical fixings as well, what's best with lightweight block? Like everyone I guess, I hate trying to fix to this type of block work!

Status
Not open for further replies.