Rendering in sections?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 23452

How feasible is it to render a house in a couple of sections with weeks in between? I ask because it will be very difficult (impossible) to do my place in one go.

The scaffolding's going up on Monday, and that will allow the side and back of the extension to be done. However, I won't be able to get the bay sides built with the scaffolding up as the ground floor front needs to be left open for a while.

So I was thinking that if it's feasible, the side can be done to the front corner and finished at a new bead. At the back it can be finished at another corner bead on the existing bathroom. Then when the scaffolding's down, new door's in and the bay finished with window fitted it can be picked up from the bead and finished.

It'll be smooth finish S&C.

How feasible is it to render a house in a couple of sections with weeks in between? I ask because it will be very difficult (impossible) to do my place in one go.

The scaffolding's going up on Monday, and that will allow the side and back of the extension to be done. However, I won't be able to get the bay sides built with the scaffolding up as the ground floor front needs to be left open for a while.

So I was thinking that if it's feasible, the side can be done to the front corner and finished at a new bead. At the back it can be finished at another corner bead on the existing bathroom. Then when the scaffolding's down, new door's in and the bay finished with window fitted it can be picked up from the bead and finished.

If its being painted and you can hide the joints.... cant see it being too much of a problem... I dont like joining any finishes to be honest... I loke it to look shite all the way through :D

If your just doing a gable and working to angle beads I cannot see why not

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

If its being painted and you can hide the joints.... cant see it being too much of a problem... I dont like joining any finishes to be honest... I loke it to look shite all the way through :D

There wouldn't be any joints. It'd start and finish at external angle beads.

They're even worse when it's their own house being done up

No wonder @Nisus has jumped ship

Just because it doesn't involve any BG stuff or product placement there's no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Got any pictures of this job?

Sounds like nightmares

No photo's at the moment, but I'll get some over the next few days.

Yeah, it'll be a right b4stard. :rolleyes:

Straight flat wall of new blockwork, no windows or doors, 2.5 metres high, 7.5 metres long. End wall 2.5 by 2.5 with one window in it taped and covered with blue window protector. Other end wall 2.5 by 4.5 with two windows in, both taped and covered with blue window protector. Scaffolding with a deck at the bottom of the 2.5 metres, and a deck above it for cover and to allow a tarp (provided) to be draped to protect from sun/rain/wind. An electric scaffold hoist to lift the mix up to the deck. Hop ups and scaff boards available for the vertically challenged, whatever materials required (list made by renderer) sat there waiting, mixer, water right next to it, sh1t house ten feet away, tea, coffee, biscuits. Drive to park the van on, skip for waste. Then of course there's a labourer (me) and a skilled second pair of hands if required (Lee).

If only people would consider the trades doing work and lay stuff on it'd make everyone happy. Still, it is what it is, so someone will just have to muddle through I guess. o_O

Keep mix exactly the same and front will dry out the same as the rest even better that full side is being done end to end with only breaks at quoin beads. Are you painting it after ?

Keep mix exactly the same and front will dry out the same as the rest even better that full side is being done end to end with only breaks at quoin beads. Are you painting it after ?

Yeah, it'll be painted white and the walls are easy enough to get to so it can be done as required in the future.

No problem at all.

U would be better off using ocr. Less time on job as u don't need to scud or scratch.

It's spec'd up as 20mm thick render, and I want a smooth finish so as far as I'm aware S&C is the only way to achieve both?

20170412_135059.jpg

That's 15mm but no problem 20mm

Useful to know, maybe that'd be the better option then? I don't give a monkey's what's used to be honest. As long as it meets the spec and ends up flat it's all good.
Could I suggest @Bauwer arenino too instead of painting it tbh I'm sure Bauwer.ie was going too as well

Could I suggest @Bauwer arenino too instead of painting it tbh I'm sure Bauwer.ie was going too as well

I have no objection to the finish coating systems, but everyone I've seen either has been, or needs to be, painted anyway after a few years.

So, are you volunteering to come over with your render machine and show us how a pro does it? (y)

I have no objection to the finish coating systems, but everyone I've seen either has been, or needs to be, painted anyway after a few years.

So, are you volunteering to come over with your render machine and show us how a pro does it? (y)
I'll FaceTime you on Wednesday

I'll FaceTime you on Wednesday

:eek: You will not you filthy beast!

I have no idea what "FaceTime" is, but I'm pretty sure I haven't got it/don't do it. Why don't you make a telephone call or write me a letter instead? Much more civilised. (y)

OK, I've Googled it and I was right, I don't have any Apple sh1te so FaceTime is out. :)