Render problem

Members online

Seedo86

Had a big problem arise on a thincoat job we did 2 years ago.
System was
Slurry
10 MM base in two passes with mesh
Primer
Thincoat

We been told that it’s because of cavity wall insulation
Anyone else had problems with cavities getting filled?
31D32C48-9250-4FC6-AC94-7C1D44BA1E0D.jpeg
BC9AF61E-B346-4B14-AC6A-236B66E16096.jpeg

What make is it?

What were the conditions like on application day?

I've done retaining walls years ago with thin coats that are still ok. And I knew they still had some moisture passing through system before starting and still now.

What make is it?

What were the conditions like on application day?

I've done retaining walls years ago with thin coats that are still ok. And I knew they still had some moisture passing through system before starting and still now.
Was fassa system

We had a lot of rain throughout the job at basecoat stage. Dry week for topcoat

There loads of cavity filled houses now I obviously don’t want this happening again

Nothing to do with insulation
Looks like too early with primer….
Cheers for reply
This job was 3 sides the front and back there isn’t a problem . The rep put it down to cavity fill and said the front n back were fine cos of the windows and doors for moisture to escape. He also said that rendering cavity filled properties will fail. I hope it is just primer too soon because that’s an easy sort.

Cheers for reply
This job was 3 sides the front and back there isn’t a problem . The rep put it down to cavity fill and said the front n back were fine cos of the windows and doors for moisture to escape. He also said that rendering cavity filled properties will fail. I hope it is just primer too soon because that’s an easy sort.
He’s talking shite .

Cheers for reply

Someone had fassa basecoat delam (with top) on here before

It don't like moisture, seems like it turns to mush and I think it blew.

Search the threads.

Someone had fassa basecoat delam (with top) on here before

It don't like moisture, seems like it turns to mush and I think it blew.

Search the threads.
Worst thing is we got a job next week very similar to start. The rep has said use the same system. Sp22, ki7 , primer, topcoat

@Ki7 is wank.......the end

@Ki7 is wank.......the end
Looks that way going back on Johnstone’s