Render carrier board

Members online

Dr.B

I have installed a render carrier board on a job (customer is supplying the materials)
So I now need to tape the joints and have asked for the filler and tape and he says that just the ordinary joint scrim is fine???
Surely this can't be?

The board is Econic board and is approved by parex and krend.
The finish is going to be monorex.

Have you tried it Owls? I have questioned it and the econic have said its good. More information the better.
I have done a test panel on a sheet a couple of months back and its OK.

I haven't, not monorex, I've used plenty of ehi over boards no issues. It's a heavy render monorex, I'd be sceptical of going over boards with it, ehi looks pretty much the same unless your using monorex in gf fine grade.with the weight of monorex it's delamination that's the worry.

Can ehi be sponge finished like the monorex? If so I'd be able to suggest that. I have a parex stockist nearby.
I could get the parex rep to come and look at the job and make a spec just to cover my back.

Despite Econic saying that monorex gf will be OK on their board, I got in touch with the parex rep and have been told don't (which was my gut feeling) and he has specified maite with mesh basecoat then ehi gf to finish.
Thanks for the heads up Owls.

Monorex is not a tender to go board
I’ve used a polymer basecoat and sponged like sand cement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehi is designed to go over carrier board. Maite with mesh and then ehi. No problem with sponge finish. Ehi is a bit creamier compared to monorex and sets harder, so you might have to adapt a bit

Ehi is designed to go over carrier board. Maite with mesh and then ehi. No problem with sponge finish. Ehi is a bit creamier compared to monorex and sets harder, so you might have to adapt a bit

Job finished today. Maite base coat with mesh, ehi was nice and creamy and sponged up a treat.
Have 25 bags left if any one needs some?

Job finished today. Maite base coat with mesh, ehi was nice and creamy and sponged up a treat.
Have 25 bags left if any one needs some?

Bloody hell thats some over order!!

Bloody hell thats some over order!!

Tell me about it ! I gave them the m2 of the job and they sent out the gear. Had 2 bags maite left and 1/4 roll mesh and 25ehi[emoji23]
Someone f**k*d up but not me I just measured it.
Mind you it says on the bag 14kg-24kg or something like that per m2 so it’s quite a margin???
Don’t know anyway first time for me to use the stuff.

@Deri what did the finish come up like mate?
The ehi is very course.is it being painted as I’ve rubbed and sponged up mono and it looks ok but needs painting as the colour isn’t great
Cheers

@Deri what did the finish come up like mate?
The ehi is very course.is it being painted as I’ve rubbed and sponged up mono and it looks ok but needs painting as the colour isn’t great
Cheers

I used ehi gf. It’s a finer grade aggregate in it so you can float and sponge it. Came up just as a cement sand lime mix would.

I used ehi gf. It’s a finer grade aggregate in it so you can float and sponge it. Came up just as a cement sand lime mix would.

I like the gf but that gm is very gritty
Probably good if your looking for a lime render look