Render Brick:-

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a finish that can be used on thincoats...

apposed to texture or dashing...

basically a different colour coat is put over your base coat then a heavy woven roller run over the render to creat a rough texture then mortar joints cut out to create a "brick"

imo it looks better in smaller areas than full houses but massive improvement on most council ewi than whats underneath not sure I would go for it on a private house though

cant comment on sand and cement quoins etc

its a finish that can be used on thincoats...

apposed to texture or dashing...

basically a different colour coat is put over your base coat then a heavy woven roller run over the render to creat a rough texture then mortar joints cut out to create a "brick"

imo it looks better in smaller areas than full houses but massive improvement on most council ewi than whats underneath not sure I would go for it on a private house though

cant comment on sand and cement quoins etc
You ever seen it sealed & shaded ? Different again.

You ever seen it sealed & shaded ? Different again.

il be honest mate I haven't but ive only seen it in passing on site a couple of times on ewi jobs...

it was used above windows and doors and under bay windows to create n effect against the texture...certainly looked realistic...theres also a couple of houses I pass regulary ex council properties that have been done top to bottom from the path you certainly wouldn't know there not bricks until closer inspection...

I just feel in larger areas id be inclined with a nice silicone top coat and break it up maybe with brick effect maybe here and there...

could end up like jack and veras cladding on coronation street though a full house if done badley! lol

ive fancied doing.brick render or brock slips.

but like zombie says. small areas as a feature.
too half texture bottom brick etc.

break the norm up

Brick slips are much better but a lot more expensive, being a plasterer you get sick of seeing different types of render. For me you can't beat nice stone work or a decent brick !

We do a fair bit of it using the parex system, there weathered mortar colour looks spot on with a template size 16.

Me and my mate have done it a few times. Here are the 3 stages .It was a Rockwool system. This was at the BBA testing department in Watford.

Attachments

• S1051872.JPG
    S1051872.JPG
    943.7 KB · Views: 438
  • S1051875.JPG
    S1051875.JPG
    967.6 KB · Views: 447
  • S1051877.JPG
    S1051877.JPG
    855 KB · Views: 423
It all started out as a product called Decromace where you had to add fibres while mixing , it's much more advanced now & ya can make a really good job of it using different techniques for the brick face . Well worth putting on garages , out building s etc . Just finished 80+ houses in Leeds & Rotherham and 20 have been affected by the elements conditions do need to be good .

Your right j tarn I worked for decromace many moons ago they have westdales now what system where you u using on your last jobs

I've used the Jub acrylic slips on a low level front under a bay window and a gable and they look nice when done, but I wouldn't entertain the idea of doing large areas it looks too much and costs a fortune

worked for them (SERS) about 15 years ago and done a bit of brick render for them just solider coarse above windows. Their rates were crap.

Hmmm looked like a building in MK thats all :) Nice work though :D
straight across from cricket back in 2007 i worked on there did rendering and built all the free standing penthouses including the semi circle one start to finish was a learning curve ( excuse the pun lol )

Thanks for comments lads used to do loads of this until the arse fell out of the price now just do insides did used to enjoy it though

Status
Not open for further replies.