Pva free stuff

Members online

John j

Mono Don
I.m using this for first time Monday on artex as short notice n not got time to pva. Do you just do it same as board.multi or owt I need to know

I.m using this for first time Monday on artex as short notice n not got time to pva. Do you just do it same as board.multi or owt I need to know

Just crack on as normal, Luke you had pva'd.

It hangs about on artex though so be prepared for a long wait

Just crack on as normal, Luke you had pva'd.

It hangs about on artex though so be prepared for a long wait
YEAH we jumped on job short notice as others slowed . Builder normally has it prepped but no time so didn't want to wait on pva. Do you still need to pva high suction background for it I.m guessing so

Last edited:
IMG_7679.GIF

Be interested to here your review of using it , some say it's no different to use and some cry like babies about it,
On any painted surface you'll be fine , higher suction should be primed , also laid in with board finish is good

Be interested to here your review of using it , some say it's no different to use and some cry like babies about it,
On any painted surface you'll be fine , higher suction should be primed , also laid in with board finish is good

Matt paint on walls doesn't go off like a rocket then ?

Will do . Just heard some horror stories when it first came out

I'm confused, 'pva free stuff'.... what's that? I know of pva and pre grit substances but what are we talking about here?

Ohhhhhh that's uni finish . .'ve just looked at price n decided against it
Some love it, some hate, I've never actually tried it. I probably should to give it a go but the thought of it's never sat right with me. Feels like it would be a game of trust plus it can't tell you about the background like pva and pre grit is fail safe

Some love it, some hate, I've never actually tried it. I probably should to give it a go but the thought of it's never sat right with me. Feels like it would be a game of trust plus it can't tell you about the background like pva and pre grit is fail safe
Stick to what you know

I agree . Why I never bothered with it . Just heard of it coming of so always gave it a wide birth

Why would you not have time to PVA? and i would never rely on someone else to do it unless under my supervision.

Why would you not have time to PVA? and i would never rely on someone else to do it unless under my supervision.
The builder knows what to do regards pva . We were meant to do it a week on Monday but brought it forward at short notice. So he.s not got time to get it ready so rather then wait all morning for pva to dry on artex were going for this uni finish .

To be fair . When I read my post text back I can't understand em . Down to laziness and being awesome at skipping school
Ok pal then I hold my hand up. Welcome along. We get a lot of fucktard on here and gets bit tedious. @Vincey Is a paid sponsor and on all the adverts for uni finish plus he's a housewife favourite and top bloke even tho he is Hermann from Hermanns Hermitts love child

The builder knows what to do regards pva . We were meant to do it a week on Monday but brought it forward at short notice. So he.s not got time to get it ready so rather then wait all morning for pva to dry on artex were going for this uni finish .
Best of luck I've never used it but @Vincey Is the man to help you (y)

Ok pal then I hold my hand up. Welcome along. We get a lot of fucktard on here and gets bit tedious. @Vincey Is a paid sponsor and on all the adverts for uni finish plus he's a housewife favourite and top bloke even tho he is Hermann from Hermanns Hermitts love child
Kinda sussed you were joker on site

Defo. Team were with at min are daft as owt . Best I.ve ever worked with . Other plaster left as he said he couldn't cope . I prefer it passes time taking piss
After 30 years in this game I'm long gone....im well out there like Pluto

Gets better . Can only find it at b n q and it's 2 month out date so a fiver a bag. They only agreed this as he pointed it out. Just be a good seller . Said he gonna mix a bit up in bucket to see if it's ok . Can't wait.you know when you get that feeling jobs gonna be a nightmare

Attachments

• 20170919_120304.jpg
    20170919_120304.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 212
Will do . Just heard some horror stories when it first came out
What have you got to skim over John , it's true it might pull in fast on the first coat but most painted surfaces are fine and even if it did pull in fast I've never had a gauge set quicker than one hour and that's on really high suction such as backing coats besides that most houses do have painted ceilings so if you are fine doing 1/2 bags first coat and lay in with fresh you'll be fine , just don't over stretch yourself, even on matt paint it be fine when laid in if it did pull faster than normal