pumping lime

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnzo

Hi guys just looking for some advice, I'm working for a guy and we are doing a building that's 140 years old and built in stone and brick we're using a haired lime which I've used before. the walls to be honest are brutal we've cleaned and washed it and have applied a scud coat,now here's the problem there was no filling out to try straighten the wall the gaffer is just pumping lime with the ptf pump trying to get it in two coats at a depth of 15 mm to 20 mm per coat I have never pumped lime I always clean and rake the joints fill any holes with stone and lime then fill and scratch the hollows to make the wall more even before I start to apply a scud and scratch coat then layer the coats no more than 10 -12 mm by hawk and trowel as needed to obtain a fairly straight wall ,in my opinion the pump is putting stuff on the wall way too wet its sagging to me it just seems like a bad job doing it this way any advice

Hi guys just looking for some advice, I'm working for a guy and we are doing a building that's 140 years old and built in stone and brick we're using a haired lime which I've used before. the walls to be honest are brutal we've cleaned and washed it and have applied a scud coat,now here's the problem there was no filling out to try straighten the wall the gaffer is just pumping lime with the ptf pump trying to get it in two coats at a depth of 15 mm to 20 mm per coat I have never pumped lime I always clean and rake the joints fill any holes with stone and lime then fill and scratch the hollows to make the wall more even before I start to apply a scud and scratch coat then layer the coats no more than 10 -12 mm by hawk and trowel as needed to obtain a fairly straight wall ,in my opinion the pump is putting stuff on the wall way too wet its sagging to me it just seems like a bad job doing it this way any advice
Hum

I have pumped a Hydrolic based lime from baumit renders range.
Tyrolean the walls ,then basecoat with mesh then a top coat.
They do a silicone texture finish also

Status
Not open for further replies.