Problems with Skim Coat on Plasterboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignorant, jobsworth, big head, Stupid, belittleling, arrogant, foolish apart from that nice bloke

@Jaswalla are the tapes only showing through the internal corners? Can you feel the tapes when you run your finger across it? How is the rest of the work away from the internals? Have you painted it yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondering if the scrim is actually on the surface or just the pattern showing through the surface which is common and not a problem.

That's what I was thinking Andy, don't think the rooms have been painted yet so a bit early for calling the plasterer back for a reskim.

i know a painter should nt have to but a good one should be able to sort it with out having to reskim it unless it very bad .if your paint it your self give a light sanding and fill out the very bad bit with compound maybe a few times and prime it well nice and even with flat paint like i said unlees it shockingly bad

Must of just put one coat of skim on. Get him back to re-skim it or ask for your money back. Very poor workmanship.

Not a plasterer just a hash man.

Good luck then that's what most are paying so you're looking at 1.40 after expenses, just gets better doesn't it :rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.