Problems with krend anyone?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulhesketh

we rendered a house in krend about 18 months ago, been rendering for 20 years never any problems, got this one particular job, where there's water penetrating through the render???!!! I cannot figure out how, or why, customers had tiles replaced on roof, DPC re-done and didn't have any problems until we rendered it, apparently. I think I've got to knock the whole lot off and re render, has anyone else had a similar problem? Or any advice? Got to be honest I stopped using krend about a year ago and use KABE now, just can't figure out how the waters getting in.

I'd find the source of the damp for definite first before you assume it's the render and take it off!
Can you explain more about the damp?
Isolated areas all over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it rendered before? Was the work they had done done at the same time and why did they have damp work done? Is the problem on both floors around the whole building?

It's sounds like they have had damp problems because of the roof , and I would check gutters and down pipes that is normally where the problem is, and to cover your back offer to seal it I'm not sure if Krend do one but Parex does

K rend is s**t
same as powerwall/enewall
image.jpeg

Could you define "water penetrating the render?" I'm assuming that you mean its getting in the house, which if that is the case has sod all to do with the render.

The house should be water tight without the render applied and you certainly shouldn't be depending on a render to make it water tight.

I'm guessing this is a solid wall house that has had EWI applied which has started to mould up on the inside. This is common complaint and usually down to the lack of airflow in the newly sealed up house.

Reactions: Mag
Status
Not open for further replies.