Please help

Members online

Me23xx

So a plasterer we have used 3 times before came to do our living room. We've always been happy with the work and when just completed all looked good so we paid up.
A few days later a couple of large cracks appeared so he returned and filled them (pic enclosed) and left some sandpaper to smooth it. He said that it dried to fast but we haven't put the radiator back onand have only had the open fire o a couple of times.
Today about 10 days later..... these are the walls, one of the cracks if you touch it will completely shatter like the plaster is not stuck to the wall.

I have the plasterer coming back shortly (today) and want to ask him to completely re do it, am I right to want that or is this acceptable??

So a plasterer we have used 3 times before came to do our living room. We've always been happy with the work and when just completed all looked good so we paid up.
A few days later a couple of large cracks appeared so he returned and filled them (pic enclosed) and left some sandpaper to smooth it. He said that it dried to fast but we haven't put the radiator back onand have only had the open fire o a couple of times.
Today about 10 days later..... these are the walls, one of the cracks if you touch it will completely shatter like the plaster is not stuck to the wall.

I have the plasterer coming back shortly (today) and want to ask him to completely re do it, am I right to want that or is this acceptable??
See what he says. If he.s decent he will sort it. Everyone can have a bad day at office. There may be a unforeseeable problem that'd not his fault

if you've been happy with his work 3 times before, then he deserves a chance to put it right, on this occasion.

Do you know what preparation he did to the original surface before plastering it?

Just go back and sort it John.
Haha ye know what joking aside . Think I said this before but I had a bit of pain in my life and looking back work wasn't great. Never got pulled . But if I ever have a customer who's unhappy with another plasterers work I always tell em to get em back and offer em chance to put it right . As they don't know but that plasterer could of buried his kid not long back

I'm sure he'd know filling the cracks if it was gonna blow

me23xx

23rd fake account

How soon before you had a fire? Are the cracks only on the wall that the fire is on? Could be soot from the fire on the walls prior to plastering