Plastic trowels!!!!!

Members online

Marshalltown from start to finish with a bit of plastic thrown in is still the fastest way to finish a set

For reasons I haven't quite worked out, if you touch it once with a s*p*r*lex you've just added 30 minutes to the set.

Last edited:
@zombie i found it ,have 27,000 photos on my phone so it took a while try this it’s a speedskim blade on a nela
Made it myself
5266E51D-B7CE-4CE4-BCA1-60F5E6A8029D.jpeg

My mate finishes with
If your two coating, including posh one coat, pointless !! On fresh board , total one coat, only ! Imo.

Totally agree, you will get slated on here for saying it though. One coating on nice fresh decent boarding isnt rough if you do it right

Fill your tapered joints first, wait a couple minutes, nice thick first coat on as much as possible, drop back and flatten whenever you want or when you feel areas picking up

Get it nice and flat when it still wet enough, take the pressure off and make it as easy as possible

This site is full of people who like to make plastering sound hard or panic as soon as the plaster is on the walls

The wizard

My mate finishes with

Totally agree, you will get slated on here for saying it though. One coating on nice fresh decent boarding isnt rough if you do it right

Fill your tapered joints first, wait a couple minutes, nice thick first coat on as much as possible, drop back and flatten whenever you want or when you feel areas picking up

Get it nice and flat when it still wet enough, take the pressure off and make it as easy as possible

This site is full of people who like to make plastering sound hard or panic as soon as the plaster is on the walls

The wizard
why tapered joints?

why tapered joints?

They normally have a little hollow a couple of mil they are full of scrim and the gear pulls in nice, I fill them first it's normally only straight joints

You can definitely get away with not filling them first though, just be prepared to have give the tapered edges another coat later on in the set

They normally have a little hollow a couple of mil they are full of scrim and the gear pulls in nice, I fill them first it's normally only straight joints

You can definitely get away with not filling them first though, just be prepared to have give the tapered edges another coat later on in the set
I mean why use dry lining boards for skimmimg