plastering prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

hi fellow plasterer`s.i run my own buisness in north devon.just wondered what every one else is charging for skimming.i`m getting £3.90 on big sites,charging £4.50 per metre on private jobs(labour only).nice 2 know what the rates are like elsewhere.cheers

Hello Bobby Welcome to the forum,

have a browse through the posts made today as we have been chatting a bit about that today.

Danny

Hello bobby, im in Bristol and prices are tighter here  :( Skim on board has been between £2.50 and 3 quid for a long time, dont seem to be changing either, rough and set can vary from between 5 and £7.  And on our own work we been charging around £4 a metre pva and skim. Day work (which wasnt invented for spreads) has been £150 a day for a few years now. I have heard through the grapevine that a big outfit in bristol been paying there men £2.30 a metre on board how they get people to work for them is a miracle but they do.

Hello bobby, im in Bristol and prices are tighter here  :( Skim on board has been between £2.50 and 3 quid for a long time, dont seem to be changing either, rough and set can vary from between 5 and £7.  And on our own work we been charging around £4 a metre pva and skim. Day work (which wasnt invented for spreads) has been £150 a day for a few years now. I have heard through the grapevine that a big outfit in bristol been paying there men £2.30 a metre on board how they get people to work for them is a miracle but they do.
cant believe the prices,up here(Edinburgh)im getting£9-10 a metre for boardy

they are probably polish :(

I cant believe those prices :eek: Just had to get used the prices here. plus I think there is so many spreads in Bristol its got quite competitive. I think i will definatly be thinking of doing more traveling or working away if the prices are that good!!!

We're in Ayrshire, Scotland. we charge around £12+ per metre whether its board or reset. Some regulars get a better rate, but we try not to charge less than £10 per metre. Also charge for bonding depending on whats needing done if its a couple of small holes thats fine no charge, but if there a lot it gets charged for.
We don't do any site work as all new builds are Ames Taped up here, we don't do it as we feel its a crap finish compared to plastering. Ma mate runs a taping business and hes charging around £5 per square metre.

wow i charge £10-£15 sumtimes £20 a M2 on any serface..on private...in cheltenham

god i think im gonna put my prices up, i been chargin by the set, do a medium overskim artex ceiling for £100 dust included, full room 250 (smallish), bigger room 300, BIG room 400...
im in peterborough, theres 4 plasterers in the local paper, me bein one of em, i had a slack week last week, this week full up, next week full up and im gettin 90% of what im pricin...

wow i charge £10-£15 sumtimes £20 a M2 on any serface..on private...in cheltenham
I was working up cheltenham last year as its on 45 mins travel for me and i was getting same rates as i quoted, it was a rough and set job and i was getting £7 a m2, and i thought that was good as we were doing 60-70 m2 a day, that works out between £420 and £490 a day between 2 of us so was good money. I have never had rates that high only ever known them that high on externals like k-rend, monocouche and sto. How much would you charge to skim a whole house? we normally do a 3 bed semi for £2100 including materials.

same here bod 2.50 skim and 4.50 h/set im from yate mate near bristol so ive got to go like a maddun to earn money the best ive heard of is 6 h/ set shepton mallet way

£12 per meter or £180 day rate in basingstoke, domestic jobs, bit less for builders, developers etc if they're regulars

For skimming, float and set i usually price up by the day rather than the meter.

Hi bobby!
I work in the east midlands (mainly private work) as a rough guide I charge around £10 per square meter this includes finish/pva and corner beads as required.
Hope this helps!

Bobby's gone:RpS_scared:.Well you know what they say ....."there's never a bobby around when you need one."

Status
Not open for further replies.