Plastering Aquaboard??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky12

Hello again guys, I've been asked to plaster a wet room / bathroom and the chap has ordered aqua panel.

Does this need anything different to the norm? Mechanical key ok? Suction similar to normal board? Ok to d dab etc

This will also be on the ceiling

Thanks again :)

Hello again guys, I've been asked to plaster a wet room / bathroom and the chap has ordered aqua panel.

Does this need anything different to the norm? Mechanical key ok? Suction similar to normal board? Ok to d dab etc

This will also be on the ceiling

Thanks again :)

Hi Mate

You have referenced 2 different products here... Knauf Aquapanel (cement based board) and Siniat Aquaboard (a gypsum board).... which one are you looking at using?

Gypsum based dab adhesive will hold the boards while you put them on, but as the damp environment in the bathroom builds it will soften and then potentially delaminate these heavy boards from the wall..... you could Dab them and mark on the board faces where the dabs are behind. Then, once dry, drill through to the wall behind and mechanically fix through the dabs to the block using plugs to ensure they are fixed.

Knauf Aquapanel has its own marble based Aquapanel Interior Skim (ready mixed plaster that is specifically designed for damp areas - mainly targeted for swimming pool areas), but can be skimmed with gypsum plaster (as a cement board the initial suction will be high!

Cannot comment on the Siniat board - not my area of expertise - but the board face has some sort of silicone fleece paper, not the same as a typical PB

Good luck

Richard Lord
Knauf - Aquapanel Techie
My contact details in my profile on forum

Hi Mate

You have referenced 2 different products here... Knauf Aquapanel (cement based board) and Siniat Aquaboard (a gypsum board).... which one are you looking at using?

Gypsum based dab adhesive will hold the boards while you put them on, but as the damp environment in the bathroom builds it will soften and then potentially delaminate these heavy boards from the wall..... you could Dab them and mark on the board faces where the dabs are behind. Then, once dry, drill through to the wall behind and mechanically fix through the dabs to the block using plugs to ensure they are fixed.

Knauf Aquapanel has its own marble based Aquapanel Interior Skim (ready mixed plaster that is specifically designed for damp areas - mainly targeted for swimming pool areas), but can be skimmed with gypsum plaster (as a cement board the initial suction will be high!

Cannot comment on the Siniat board - not my area of expertise - but the board face has some sort of silicone fleece paper, not the same as a typical PB

Good luck

Richard Lord
Knauf - Aquapanel Techie
My contact details in my profile on forum

Hi rich, thanks for the great reply.
Yeah it's kanuf aqua panel cement board...I know it's ready for tiling but needs plastering in to surrounding boards as the guy wants an unusual tiling arrangement.

Can I plaster straight on to these aqua panels?

Hi rich, thanks for the great reply.
Yeah it's kanuf aqua panel cement board...I know it's ready for tiling but needs plastering in to surrounding boards as the guy wants an unusual tiling arrangement.

Can I plaster straight on to these aqua panels?

Hi Pal

Yes you can plaster straight onto Knauf Aquapanel Interior..... I would suggest that you tape the joint between Knauf Aquapanel and a gypsum board, the suction between the 2 will be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.