Plasterers Fitness

Maester

Do you think plasterers are fitter than other trades? Overall. In construction, not like a lumberjack etc. I know a few sparks who's knees are knackered. Do you take supplements for your health and exercise or go to the gym? Here's a few of the supplements I take. I'd say apple cider vinegar each day would be the one I wouldn't go without.

20170507_083121.jpg

Make sure your vitamins don't have magnesium silicate - or talc. It's a common ingredient in supplements and can cause lung problems like asbestos. Also, titanium dioxide - it can cause kidney problems.

Do you think plasterers are fitter than other trades? Overall. In construction, not like a lumberjack etc. I know a few sparks who's knees are knackered. Do you take supplements for your health and exercise or go to the gym? Here's a few of the supplements I take. I'd say apple cider vinegar each day would be the one I wouldn't go without.

View attachment 17808

Make sure your vitamins don't have magnesium silicate - or talc. It's a common ingredient in supplements and can cause lung problems like asbestos. Also, titanium dioxide - it can cause kidney problems.
Great post, but I'm sure taking all them stuff won't go down well either

Balanced diet - eat a rainbow- purple veg is proper good for you. You need protein, coz' it repairs muscle that we are constantly tearing, as you age, protein becomes more important - you get loads from good meat, but there are also plant based proteins that are easily absorbed - spinach is just one, and it always helped popeye! Cut out sugar - poison. Stretch before work (like the Japanese) then doe more stretches after work. Works for me.

I agree dropsalot. Balanced diet. And protein. Skyr Icelandic yogurt is full of protein. And stretches, as well. These are just cur cumin, glucosamine, msm, b complex, quercetin etc. All for joint health. All found in nature. Aspirin is willow bark. Just make sure they're good quality supplements. I agree about the sugar. Don't have it at all. When I lived in Spain the local nursery used to give my son milk filled with sugar. They have it in everything. Bimbo bread is like cake.

Span up with almond milk , banana and honey it's delicious not only helping with joints but stomach issues along with many other ails.

I agree dropsalot. Balanced diet. And protein. Skyr Icelandic yogurt is full of protein. And stretches, as well. These are just cur cumin, glucosamine, msm, b complex, quercetin etc. All for joint health. All found in nature. Aspirin is willow bark. Just make sure they're good quality supplements. I agree about the sugar. Don't have it at all. When I lived in Spain the local nursery used to give my son milk filled with sugar. They have it in everything. Bimbo bread is like cake.
Old Mediterranean diet is great but they eat like the yanks now as many places across the world , sugary processed s**t.
And brandy coffeees n cake for breakfast everyday can't be good .

That's me stopped all caffeine, fizzy drinks and alcohol. Last I had any was two weeks ago today and I feel amazing, loads more energy, my head feels clear and I'm sleeping a lot better and feel less stressed. Also pains I used to have in my knees, back and elbows getting better everyday. Not going to give up alcohol completely, will still drink now and again for special occasions but I reckon I am finished with caffeine.

That's me stopped all caffeine, fizzy drinks and alcohol. Last I had any was two weeks ago today and I feel amazing, loads more energy, my head feels clear and I'm sleeping a lot better and feel less stressed. Also pains I used to have in my knees, back and elbows getting better everyday. Not going to give up alcohol completely, will still drink now and again for special occasions but I reckon I am finished with caffeine.

Glad to hear that. Have you got control of the chimp yet?

Glad to hear that. Have you got control of the chimp yet?
Never finished the book just knew I had to do something as I wasn't feeling good at all, constantly on edge as if I was waiting for something to happen and drinking just made me feel better when I had a drink then felt worse for next three/four days after. I couldn't be arsed doing anything and just wanted to lie about the house. I honestly feel like a new person now, can't believe my energy levels. I believe sleep has a lot to do with it and the amount of caffeine and alcohol I was consuming I couldn't sleep at night and when I did it was a Brocken sleep where I would wake up every hour or so. I now fall over and that's me straight through to the morning.

Plasterer meaning!! Strong in arm thick in head!! We don't need to go to the gym a left or right hook off a plasterer n it's game over:musculoso::bananas:

I did the alkaline diet 2 years ago and felt fantastic...lost 2 stone too!
But stress and a whole load of other reasons, or excuses just got in the way.
Now I booze every night and eat quite a lot of crap. Bread etc.
Cant be arsed having to watch my diet all the time when i really want to eat other things...

So was the 14inch meat feast pizza, 14 inch garlic bread with cheese and tub of Ben and Jerry's phish food I had last night a no no then ?

All this healthy stuff is all well and done, but like my mrs's grandma lived 95 years, smoked like a chimney 40 a day, red wine on the tap, sherry with lunch, grafted all in her life, brought up 2 kids on her own, never been seriously ill and she never taken all these healthy stuff

All this healthy stuff is all well and done, but like my mrs's grandma lived 95 years, smoked like a chimney 40 a day, red wine on the tap, sherry with lunch, grafted all in her life, brought up 2 kids on her own, never been seriously ill and she never taken all these healthy stuff
Mine was the same. In fact to say the media reckons we're all living longer there seems to be many many less old uns around than there used to be.

I think everyone should do ,drink ,eat and take whatever they want if it makes them happy and hurts nobody else.
The problem comes from continual abuse of the body when inevitably misery kicks in from excesses of the above.
At this point shuffle off a cliff somewhere quietly:sisi: , not whining taking up 2 seats in the waiting room somewhere .:endesacuerdo:

Mine was the same. In fact to say the media reckons we're all living longer there seems to be many many less old uns around than there used to be.
I think is down to luck as well a bit, my dad liked a good drink and smoked like 20 odd a day, dropped dead at 50

I think is down to luck as well a bit, my dad liked a good drink and smoked like 20 odd a day, dropped dead at 50
Let's face it your stacking the odds against longevity.
Prob the worst of all ingested and held is stress , that's a true killer.

Screenshot_2017-05-07-19-31-03-1.png

Donna's most certainly fcuking Not.

I suppose it's a bit cruel picking on fat people I expect they have enough on their er plates....