Plasterer wanted full time- Midlands

Members online

Would have to be a decent rate I've done a few and they are an absolute pain in the Arse small hits and getting angles right is hard work boarding needs to be bang on

To be honest it isn't an easy job and I suspect you want done on day work which won't be that great end of day your a builder trying to make a few quid and the plasterer will be first to be told he to expensive yet if them lines are like a snake you won't want to pay yet if you pay extra your more than likely to get a better job the few I have done were painful so it reflects in my price now many would rather do 100m flat walls than 2 of them in a week on day work

To be honest it isn't an easy job and I suspect you want done on day work which won't be that great end of day your a builder trying to make a few quid and the plasterer will be first to be told he to expensive yet if them lines are like a snake you won't want to pay yet if you pay extra your more than likely to get a better job the few I have done were painful so it reflects in my price now many would rather do 100m flat walls than 2 of them in a week on day work

Mate, I agree wholeheartedly, they aren't the easiest thing to plaster but to be fair, we haven't had one yet that someone has turned their nose up at or said he can't do. Like any job, there are less favourable aspects to them all.
To be honest, although we always have left the customer with a job they are over the moon with, I think once painted white, the average punter eyes probably can't see what a plasterer sees, so don't really know how good it is in the scheme of things.
Cheers

I done a few of these systems last year the skimming and prep is key , like you say most won't pay for the time it takes to get right hopefully this guy will

Mate, I agree wholeheartedly, they aren't the easiest thing to plaster but to be fair, we haven't had one yet that someone has turned their nose up at or said he can't do. Like any job, there are less favourable aspects to them all.
To be honest, although we always have left the customer with a job they are over the moon with, I think once painted white, the average punter eyes probably can't see what a plasterer sees, so don't really know how good it is in the scheme of things.
Cheers
Well I'm afraid I'm out then apart from being in London the fact u would allow it to be left slightly on a wobble concerns me some of us have pride in our work and I know when I did mine I wanted them perfect and sharp angle so perhaps why took me longer but reputation is key easy trap to fall into with bad habits but a killer to snap yourself out of them hope you find someone suitable and just to clarify I don't turn my nose up at them but for me it's about the nature of that work and for it to be good will cost my money's on you wanting to pay 130 a day on a permanant basis as I said hope you find someone

Well I'm afraid I'm out then apart from being in London the fact u would allow it to be left slightly on a wobble concerns me some of us have pride in our work and I know when I did mine I wanted them perfect and sharp angle so perhaps why took me longer but reputation is key easy trap to fall into with bad habits but a killer to snap yourself out of them hope you find someone suitable and just to clarify I don't turn my nose up at them but for me it's about the nature of that work and for it to be good will cost my money's on you wanting to pay 130 a day on a permanant basis as I said hope you find someone
Who said £130 a day?

I think you have got something lost in translation Mr. Page. I never once said we have left them any old how.
Most customers are happy with the rolled angles because they are having the work done to not look like a conservatory roof, most want it to blend in softly. I admire any guy that is pride driven and not for a moment was I suggesting you were turning your nose up. For the record, we have never had a guy charge less then £180 per ceiling.
Cheers

I think you have got something lost in translation Mr. Page. I never once said we have left them any old how.
Most customers are happy with the rolled angles because they are having the work done to not look like a conservatory roof, most want it to blend in softly. I admire any guy that is pride driven and not for a moment was I suggesting you were turning your nose up. For the record, we have never had a guy charge less then £180 per ceiling.
Cheers
Well that's cleared that up but I'm still to far away for that rate I know what them roof conversions cost surely you could up the poor plasterers money a bit

Cheers
The ceiling you posted up skimmed what did that cost to skim?

Well that's cleared that up but I'm still to far away for that rate I know what them roof conversions cost surely you could up the poor plasterers money a bit
That's where it all goes tangletown though because no ceiling is the same size, so 8 square metres for 180 seems too heavy then but the trowel has to come out, so it's swings and roundabouts as the saying goes.
These conversions are not all money in the pocket mate, a 5k job has the best part of a grand VAT to come out, 2k materials, labour, vans, insurances, advertising etc.
By no means a golden goose...

Your having a bubble at 5k never ever would they be that cheap I only say this as I know someone who does them I know it seems I'm picking holes in it but doesn't most have advertising vat vans insurances we all gotta make a few quid ain't we god I sound like flynny if it's labour only and allow 2 days to do it isn't that sad if I'm honest but your be under pressure cos you need plastered to cash in you seem a nice bloke and can have a banter and I hope u find someone but every good job always has a downfall

Your having a bubble at 5k never ever would they be that cheap I only say this as I know someone who does them I know it seems I'm picking holes in it but doesn't most have advertising vat vans insurances we all gotta make a few quid ain't we god I sound like flynny if it's labour only and allow 2 days to do it isn't that sad if I'm honest but your be under pressure cos you need plastered to cash in you seem a nice bloke and can have a banter and I hope u find someone but every good job always has a downfall
Mate, we don't operate in London and the south, things are different down there. Not all jobs are 5k, some have been 3k and some 15k, it's all down to size mate but they all have relative costs.
Cheers

Mate, we don't operate in London and the south, things are different down there. Not all jobs are 5k, some have been 3k and some 15k, it's all down to size mate but they all have relative costs.
Cheers
I will say a lot goes into them from being measured and supposed to be delivered to site and slot straight in I know that isn't the case and few adjustments need to be made on site not bad for a weeks work though is it and believe me the south probably ain't as rosy as you think

I will say a lot goes into them from being measured and supposed to be delivered to site and slot straight in I know that isn't the case and few adjustments need to be made on site not bad for a weeks work though is it and believe me the south probably ain't as rosy as you think
Mate, they converting existing conservatories, they just bang a roof on it jobs done, no structural work involved, they just fit the trusses, tile it, board and skim maybe some electrical work as well if the punter wants a chandalier

Mate, they converting existing conservatories, they just bang a roof on it jobs done, no structural work involved, they just fit the trusses, tile it, board and skim maybe some electrical work as well if the punter wants a chandalier
Not all roof systems are that easy the premade ones that get delivered after being measured