Plasterer Needed for EX8 - Float and Set

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Apologies - I should have given more details.

EX8 is Lympstone (2 miles from Exmouth).

More info about the job: It's a 3 bedroom house, we have taken the majority of the walls back to brick work after first fix of electrics. House is about 75 years old and the plaster just crumbled away as dust. Ceilings are down and will be reboarded - they will require a skim only.

Float and set is needed for all bedrooms, living room and separate dining room. Kitchen isn't being replastered yet - that will come up as additional work in a few months time.

My mobile number is 07796 097444.

Ideally I would want someone who is local to this area as we are relocating here and we are likely to have more work in the surrounding areas coming up a few times per year.

Many thanks
Terri

Hi

We are renovating our 3 bed house - it's a lovely mess at moment and we are almost ready for the plastering.

If EX8 is in your regular working area and you do a good job, please PM me with your contact details.

Many thanks

This is one of the best intro posts for someone needing work done in a long time.
Short sweet and asking for a good job. Fair play and @bobby is your man to contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just discovered Bobby is in Barnstaple which I think is too far (90 minutes drive). Grateful for any good Plasterers nearer to EX8 - Exmouth/Lympstone.

Many thanks
Terri 07796 097444

CRB check - Oh, I forgot to mention that. Yes definitely CRB checks and my job is very stressful (making tea all day) so I expect that place to be spick and span at 4pm so I can relax. And did I mention no swearing? :frenetico:
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I think FreeD is talking sh ite. No carrots are being dangled - if I have good trades people, I like to hang on to them and use them over and over. It really is a no-brainer! I enjoy renovating properties (although, house at Lympstone will be my new home), but the second I am settled, I will be off to auction :)

Isn't it up to bobby how far he travels?

Why you can tell him he's to far away is beond me.

Nowt is a hours drive

The timetable for the train is 70mins and the AA routemap said it was an hour and 40 mins which does seem a long way to travel.

I'm just getting my bearings in East Devon. Once I'm living in the area I will be soon adjust to travel times. At the moment I am in the South East of England and it is so overcrowded what should be a simple straight forward journey of say 5 miles (15 mins) - you can sit in traffic for well over an hour. It's totally ridiculous.

The timetable for the train is 70mins and the AA routemap said it was an hour and 40 mins which does seem a long way to travel.

I'm just getting my bearings in East Devon. Once I'm living in the area I will be soon adjust to travel times. At the moment I am in the South East of England and it is so overcrowded what should be a simple straight forward journey of say 5 miles (15 mins) - you can sit in traffic for well over an hour. It's totally ridiculous.
Ah rite..thought u said it was a hour away..did u find sumbody anyhow?

If your going to look at a job over a hundred miles away going off the times your mad, got to agree I wouldn't waste anyone's time asking them to come that far it's taking the piss. Plenty of local guys any where you are but finding a good in is another thing :) let us know how you get on we love pics :)

Ah rite..thought u said it was a hour away..did u find sumbody anyhow?

Hopefully! The work/price has been agreed in principle but the guy is supposed to be coming in for two days next week to do a room. If we are happy with the quality of his work, he is going to book us in for the rest of the house. I've got this nagging feeling he's not going to turn up. If he doesn't appear it's back to the drawing board but I will expand my area up to around Tiverton.

Hes doing a trial? Never heard of that before

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Dont blame him beddy..theres that much s**t out there at skimming let alone float and skim..theres no point letting a spread do full house and then come on here after and moan cos he's f**k*d the house up..at leat if he's s**t its only 1 room uve let him loose at..id have no probs if sum1 said u can do 1 room and then I wana check that's fair enough I think

Maybe. A fella asked me to skim a room once as a trial and if he was happy i Could have the rest of the house. I didn't do it.

He also called me a skimmer when he was on the phone to his mate which got my back up

Status
Not open for further replies.