plasterboard lifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

best tool in the box , makes a 4 hour job into 30min with hardly any effort, any one got one?

I got a pair of board mates, great when boarding out angles in loft conversions when your on your own.
& got a pair of props which make boarding ceilings p i s s easy better than a deadman.
;D

I've got one of these.
497.jpg

Great for fire and soundcheck boards.

how can it be only £88 others are hundreds, anyone got one?
I got one and they work a treat obviously pick the one that best suits the height you work at most regularly cos my mate bought the 16ft one and its a bugger to get the boards on at it's lowest height it it is well over 6ft.

I got one and they work a treat obviously pick the one that best suits the height you work at most regularly cos my mate bought the 16ft one and its a bugger to get the boards on at it's lowest height it it is well over 6ft.

Yea was looking at the 11ft version is that the one you have?

Yea was looking at the 11ft version is that the one you have?

yes it is and that height means you can tilt the lifter arms to load the board on a 8ft ceiling unlike the 16ft one as my marra found out :RpS_lol: they are also handy for loft conversions due to the tilt. only thing with them is you have to watch what your doing on domestic jobs cos the take a bit of pursuading around on carpeted floors.

yes it is and that height means you can tilt the lifter arms to load the board on a 8ft ceiling unlike the 16ft one as my marra found out :RpS_lol: they are also handy for loft conversions due to the tilt. only thing with them is you have to watch what your doing on domestic jobs cos the take a bit of pursuading around on carpeted floors.

ha bet he was kicking himself, ok bud spot on cheers think ill invest then, I always seen them for the like of £600 etc but to be fair not looked at em for donkeys years so that's good

how can it be only £88 others are hundreds, anyone got one?

Because they're shite that's how they can be so cheap. We bought the 11ft model plus the extension. While it was working it was great but only four jobs in it went bang and when they go bang they're bloody dangerous. If you want one pay the proper money and get one of the proper ones not these shitty Chinese copies, we will at some stage.

Because they're shite that's how they can be so cheap. We bought the 11ft model plus the extension. While it was working it was great but only four jobs in it went bang and when they go bang they're bloody dangerous. If you want one pay the proper money and get one of the proper ones not these shitty Chinese copies, we will at some stage.
You must of been unlucky cos i have been using mine for over 2 years now and it will of done getting on for 1k boards now.

You must of been unlucky cos i have been using mine for over 2 years now and it will of done getting on for 1k boards now.

Of course you're right we could have been unlucky but it could have been worse as neither of us were under it when it went bang, and a good job to. I just wouldn't take a chance on another one because of the safety issues

A drywall lift has been on my wishlist for a while. I only overboard the odd ceiling so i couldn't stretch to a refina model. I wouldn't want one that buckles on me either. I was looking at the American ones by Redline ,Panel and Pentagon , with shipping work out about £250-£300.(the shipping is as much as the actual lift). Can anyone recommend one in this price range as they all look the same to me and you can hardly send it back!.
I,m going to google some USA sites to see if there are any reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.