Pay

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Just wondering what goingrate is down London 1etc . Here In Yorkshire it's between 120 n 150 a day. And do you think it's time we got a pay rise we all agree on or will there always be someone who goes that bit cheaper to get work . In my opinion the last recession seems to have got rid of the animals and 3 day course boys though there starting to appear again. What gets me is I see sparky put a few cables in and get same as me for a day I.ve busted me balls . I think I could prob learn your job before you learn mine . Just feel were just above decorators when we should be tops

John you've posted a few good threads now this one is gonna kick off big time

Most of the southerners don't even get out of bed for less than £300

:popcorn:

If I was in Yorkshire on 120-150 a day I'll be very happy. Beautiful country and nice people, not to mention all them roads I can spend hours on with the bike . I'll go for it without hesitation!

Just wondering what goingrate is down London 1etc . Here In Yorkshire it's between 120 n 150 a day. And do you think it's time we got a pay rise we all agree on or will there always be someone who goes that bit cheaper to get work . In my opinion the last recession seems to have got rid of the animals and 3 day course boys though there starting to appear again. What gets me is I see sparky put a few cables in and get same as me for a day I.ve busted me balls . I think I could prob learn your job before you learn mine . Just feel were just above decorators when we should be tops

Totally agree with you on the pay mate about sparkys ect and they always leave s**t everywhere once they leave!! TBH I'm not too sure on the going rate but usually around the 150 mark, I've had people on diff jobs go slightly cheaper than me ect and then I'm getting called up to go and put things right that the other plasterer has f**k*d up.. this is something I will not do.. you wanted cheap so deal with it. I sub work off a different people and charge a day rate but then some I'm on price and works out better for me.

If I was in Yorkshire on 120-150 a day I'll be very happy. Beautiful country and nice people, not to mention all them roads I can spend hours on with the bike . I'll go for it without hesitation!
All these roads and I go out o mountain bike loads more fun and just as many trails as roads

TBH the way I see it is as long as I can put a roof over my kids head and dinner on the table I'm happy. Yeah I like to have extra money as I think we deserve it for the graft we do but like I say if one week I've got extra happy days and then next week I haven't but my family is in a home and fed still then also happy days.

Don't know why people think that London is the chicken with the golden egg. Ffs a builder can pick up any "trade" at selco, b&q, wickes etc parking lot for around 80 quid a day.
People charge what they can get away with.

Don't think I can do it for next month tho lol I've been out for 3 months with injuries so can we give it a couple months so I can actually earn some money first :LOL:
Might as well do it for 2 weeks but everyone book two weeks away on sly . Not as if we get holiday pay .

Where the f**k did £120 a day originally come from , I'm not old enough to remember but were guys on that rate in 1990s ? did it also just seem to be the norm to use that rate when working in houses as that was what it was on site ?

Not keen on doing day work mainly do price for the simple reason when we're on price we work till 3 max they ask us to go on day work for less money and work more hours

The money I earn I'm semi retired at 33 live in London and even had time to see some poor people in Aldi the other day must dash my lobster is ready

IMG_0067.JPG
True they do some good stuff tbf
Yes they do l got these last week