Parex over sand and cement scratch coat?

Krafty

Hi this is my first post on here.
I'm on a job where the customer wants parex finish on the exterior.
The existing is that horrible reconstructed stone, I'm think sand and cement scratch coat the lot to get a nice flat surface then fix plastic beads and apply parex as you would normally over block work.
Any one had any experience or problems doing this sort of thing?
Thanks in advance!

The existing is that horrible reconstructed stone, I'm think sand and cement scratch coat the lot to get a nice flat surface then fix plastic beads and apply parex as you would normally over block work.
Thanks in advance!

Welcome along :D

Why don't you use parex base coat and save yourself any hassle?
Well I think the guy is looking to keep cost down, just wondering if s&c is a reasonable option rather than a base coat.
I've looked at the microgebetis 3000 by parex, maybe suggest that over the scratch.
Or I could just say there's no cheaper way than to buy the base coat! Lol

Well I think the guy is looking to keep cost down, just wondering if s&c is a reasonable option rather than a base coat.
I've looked at the microgebetis 3000 by parex, maybe suggest that over the scratch.
Or I could just say there's no cheaper way than to buy the base coat! Lol
It can be done but personally I'd just use the full system from parex or whoever else. If anything goes wrong they won't help you out as they will blame the scratch, not worth it to save the customer cash as you know your the one that the customer will blame should something happen. Get the rep to spec it and work out the costing from there

Keep costs down?
Cheapskates, as soon as I heard that I would be off, they want to cut corners on rendering there house it would be see you later.
Cost of sand cement plus tubs of micro against parmurex bags, there's not going to be a lot in it, unless it's a mega size job.

Thanks in advance!
Maybe the clue is in your alias krafty ?lol mind you I can't talk bagrat lol

Thanks for all your reply's.
I advised the best way to go about it is to use a base coat or the micro 3000 as it will guarantee a good finish.
Although I don't see why it wouldn't work over s&c in theory.