oven/grill on site

Members online

hail hail

Private Member
Anyone use an oven or grill on site. Starting to get sick of cold sambos, rice&chciken etc.. now that the weather is changing. Ive been facing my van facing the sun with my grub on the dash to heat it but now its not doing much heating with the temperature drop. Would love a nice wee oven/grill where i can heat stuff up on my break/lunch. either a 240 or gas will do.

Last edited:
Anyone use an oven or grill on site. Starting to get sick of cold sambos, rice&chciken etc.. now that the weather is changing. Ive been facing my van facing teh sun with my grub that i need a bit of heat in but now thats not heating it that much when its getting real cold. Would love a nice wee oven/grill where i can heat stuff up on my break/lunch. either a 240 or gas will do.
I got an inverter in back of van can run a sandwich toaster or microwave off it I ain’t got a microwave but do take a sandwich toaster with me as the days get colder you can’t beat a warm meal inside of ya I put up a pic of it tomo mate,I am old school though take lunch and a flask every day learnt my lesson years back after being told you never know where your working and what shops are about and after not taking lunch one day we was in middle of no where and nearest shop was 10 mile away I starved all day and hated it so now I go prepared it amazes me amount of blokes who don’t take anything to work

I got an inverter in back of van can run a sandwich toaster or microwave off it I ain’t got a microwave but do take a sandwich toaster with me as the days get colder you can’t beat a warm meal inside of ya I put up a pic of it tomo mate,I am old school though take lunch and a flask every day learnt my lesson years back after being told you never know where your working and what shops are about and after not taking lunch one day we was in middle of no where and nearest shop was 10 mile away I starved all day and hated it so now I go prepared it amazes me amount of blokes who don’t take anything to work

I dont eat anything microwaved but the toastey sounds good.

Can’t beat the couple of rashers fried on a shovel on a winters morning.

When using hot lime motar on walls/ restoration jobs, you can heat eggs and pies up inside it thou its rare we get restoration work now.

Anyone use an oven or grill on site. Starting to get sick of cold sambos, rice&chciken etc.. now that the weather is changing. Ive been facing my van facing the sun with my grub on the dash to heat it but now its not doing much heating with the temperature drop. Would love a nice wee oven/grill where i can heat stuff up on my break/lunch. either a 240 or gas will do.
Foodflask(y) beans n sausage,ravioli, big soup,etc

we had a winter warmer box last year.
sainsburys. kettle and toaster. 6 quid for cutlery set.
teabags
sweetner
butter
marmite
milk and crumpets...

jobs a gooden

That's one of the few advantages to working in a large city. You can get any type of food within a mile or so now matter where you are, and if you can't or don't want to leave the job it can all be delivered.

Could run a George Forman off it as well if need be
If I had men working for me and they pulled out a George foreman I’d tell them to take it home and not come back. No time for that on site. Break would be over before it heated up

If I had men working for me and they pulled out a George foreman I’d tell them to take it home and not come back. No time for that on site. Break would be over before it heated up
Breaks for me are 30mins in morning and 30 mins for dinner when working for someone else .If you pulled me up for it I would tell you to f off . A man has to eat and take a break .the jobs hard enough as it is .

Breaks for me are 30mins in morning and 30 mins for dinner when working for someone else .If you pulled me up for it I would tell you to f off . A man has to eat and take a break .the jobs hard enough as it is .
True ,if you’re also happy to work 8-5 but often short breaks mean for a shorter day ,that’s the way I work and I expect my lads to as well, bang it on and go home , if it’s for a firm it’s different obviously but for a small,gang or 1man band

82513E1E-7B40-4B37-BBA7-4BC8407EE97E-7176-0000044E9ED0B8C5_tmp.jpg
Years ago we had a George Foreman grill and used it every day through the winter, once we worked for a month on one job and there was a butchers very nearby, I'd send the labourer down after 2nd rub of first set and we'd have pork chops, ribs, gammon ....bloody lovely. Best trick we learned was to level the foreman grill and crack eggs on it, they cooked perfectly and came out a weird shape. An easier method is a camping gas stove, quick , compact and convenient

Don’t do site so not a problem and I probably wouldn’t wanna work for someone that wouldn’t let me have a sandwich in any which way I liked

Fooook that what a waste if an hour!!!

Tools out, set up, smash it out, clean up & eat pack up on way home for us!!!

Would do my nut in working with someone that wants to spend an hour in van!

Toastie maker all day long..can use it on site off the genie or plug in at the mains on a private job..easy to clean and quick