Opinions Please

Members online

No members online now.

frazer

Found these on a job recently, who would you say is to fault Plasterer or Electrician ?

Attachments

• IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 486
  • IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 469
Both, electrician did a bad job and for plasterer to go on plastering was sure he could fix it, couldn't fix it means plasterer also did a bad job.

The thing is if you were a half decent spread you would of removed the socket face
block connected and taped the wires poked them back in the hole and made good.

This is what i do if i were doing a job on your home.

Look closely and you'll see a trail of peanut shells around that job......
Got to be monkeys that done that......
Everyone is at fault.....customer....p,pl....pla....can't even say it......and no sparks I've ever known, even the shite ones would put their name to that...
On a brighter note...Those pics are prize winners....

The thing is if you were a half decent spread you would of removed the socket face
block connected and taped the wires poked them back in the hole and made good.

This is what i do if i were doing a job on your home.
Public liability wouldn't cover you in the event of something going wrong (granted. It shouldn't, but we aren't meant to deal with electrics, only qualified Sparks are. We arent suppose to touch them bud, less U have qualification In it. No matter how easy or proficient you are at it.

What's the spark done wrong ? Am I missing something? , they should of been unscrewed by the so called spread , bagged up, and screwed back , after the wall had been set,where's the problem?

What's the spark done wrong ? Am I missing something? , they should of been unscrewed by the so called spread , bagged up, and screwed back , after the wall had been set,where's the problem?
Completely agree.
I can't see what the spark is supposed to have done?
The spread (on a domestic) should take the front off and then put back when done. Never ever ever plaster round switches and sockets.

Who knows what the back box was like?..mabye on the slant..and cut in about an inch to much?

The plasterer. Will sort it ;)

He'll have long screws :rebotando:

Who knows what the back box was like?..mabye on the slant..and cut in about an inch to much?

electrician has done nothing wrong in my opinion as plaster should go behind the faceplate not up to it and the only way to do that is to release the faceplate from the wall which has not happened.

Public liability wouldn't cover you in the event of something going wrong (granted. It shouldn't, but we aren't meant to deal with electrics, only qualified Sparks are. We arent suppose to touch them bud, less U have qualification In it. No matter how easy or proficient you are at it.
In the Uk you are perfectly allowed to do minor things to electrics without being qualified like changing light switches ans sockets etc and I think plasterer could have sorted this be releasing the socket face without the need to disconnect anything - just turn all power off just to be safe.

I think a decent plasterer would carry long screws as you can buy a bag of these for next to nothing and would make it so he could do his job properly

In the Uk you are perfectly allowed to do minor things to electrics without being qualified like changing light switches ans sockets etc and I think plasterer could have sorted this be releasing the socket face without the need to disconnect anything - just turn all power off just to be safe.

"a competent person" is the requirement, so you're right on that score. However, as a trade professional taking on anything like that means you take on liability for any faults that occur. Unless you have an addition/extension to cover you your professional liability insurance won't cover you. So in the event of something going wrong you would be personally liable.

What could go wrong with a simple task like that? If the connections aren't made properly then they can heat up and cause a fire. Which leads on to another problem, if the customer (or anyone else) removes the socket weeks or months later and they introduce a fault then you will be held liable unless you can prove it was them and not you. An electrician can prove they weren't liable by producing the test results post work. They will show resistance values, earth path resistance, and continuity for the circuit. Would you be able to produce anything to show that in court?

Chances of any of that happening? No idea, but rolling the dice with that sort of penalty probably isn't a good idea.

Yeah disconnect the face, is a no brainer. Well that's news to me, I'd have imagined to touch electrics in someone else's house you would need to have some form of certification. Fair enough. So what would happen then say the house shorted out or some other problem, whether or not has anything to do with plasterers changing switch, owner could blame them saying they done work on it and aren't certified. No?

sparkys fault cause there all c**ts plastering is bang on they must of used them socket beads for that lovely finish.

Yeah disconnect the face, is a no brainer. Well that's news to me, I'd have imagined to touch electrics in someone else's house you would need to have some form of certification. Fair enough. So what would happen then say the house shorted out or some other problem, whether or not has anything to do with plasterers changing switch, owner could blame them saying they done work on it and aren't certified. No?
But you're only lifting the face off. You're not changing anything.
Sometimes you can even leave the screws in as there's just enough space to get your trowel behind.

We've shorted out many times when dropping crap behind sockets lol...it just breaks off when dry and power back on no probs.