Old edwardian house renovation advice?

Nick606

Hi sorry if this is double posted but I wasn't sure if new members had to post here before being able to post in other sections as my original one in the DIY section is waiting approval. Long story short I've purchased a old house that was in need of repair. It's been stripped back to brick, I wasn't planning on doing the plastering myself, a family member that had been running a few things for me and got someone he knew in on day rate and basically ive been mugged off massively with the price (not my family members fault) only finding out after the work had already been completed (yes I know my own fault for not keeping a closer eye on things). But it's happened now, so I'm gunna have a go at things myself but would like advice on a few areas thanks.

So the house is a semi in the shape of a L joining onto next door. The front of the house looks like it has a cavity albeit a thin one and the outrigger at the back looks to be solid wall (can see brick on edge here)
Front section of house
20231208_142023.jpg

Outrigger
20231208_142016.jpg

So the questions

1. The "professional" has dot and dabbed on the bit of the house with solid wall and used gypsum based products. I'm guessing that will need to come off, due to reduced breathability? Is it ok to just redo the exterior walls with lime plaster/ battened insulated plasterboard or would i need to do internal walls and party wall aswell since they are solid walls? I presume not due to not being exposed to colder temps but I'm not 100%

2. It looks like the bathroom upstairs has been sand and cement at some time it's ridiculously tough trying to get off. Will that also need to be removed from the exterior wall so the wall can breath?
20231208_142714.jpg

3. I've noticed a damp patch in the front section of the house (bit with a very small cavity) a room done by the plasterer
20231208_143335.jpg

I've had a look outside/measure and although it's not exactly in line it's pretty close to where the airbrick is

20231208_144005.jpg

Is this a potential cause of the damp? And should the front section of the house also be done in lime/insulated board even thou there is a cavity?

4. I've been doing some reading on renovation plaster with a lot of people saying it isn't that good because it's cement based and you should really just bite the bullet and use lime. Whats everyone's opinion on this ?

Thanks in advance nick