OCR (madmonk)

Members online

craigEEE

Just quoting for a job, we haven't done OCR before as we have always gone down the s+c route but sick if the problems with it now

What's the best brand webber or K-rend Kmix?

How many bags per m2, is it 10 or 15mm depth?

Madmonk do sig or buildbase sell it local to us and if they do how much a bag?

So many questions...

U can get cracking problems with ocr. It comes with it's problems to. K mix can crack like f**k. Or not pump some days. Depends on the render u are using for m2 coverage. On average from 0.8m2 to 1m2 at 15mm. Am using German OCR this week and getting 1.3m2 a bag 30kg bag at 15mm

Sig sell kmix so do buildbase not sure on Weber.get that from ndi.im in salford

Just quoting for a job, we haven't done OCR before as we have always gone down the s+c route but sick if the problems with it now

What's the best brand webber or K-rend Kmix?

How many bags per m2, is it 10 or 15mm depth?

Madmonk do sig or buildbase sell it local to us and if they do how much a bag?

So many questions...
ccf Trafford park pal roughly 6 odd a bag mate

If you do 15mm do it in 2 passes to avoid cracks and slump cracks.

Weber is a very fine ocr. Johnstones is even finer.

Parex is more reliable.

Who's is it? I had shrinkage and slump cracks with Weber.

Not done enough of Johnstones to judge.

Parmurex no problems.

To thick or too wet could cause shrinking as would quick drying.

I find when you you apply say 10mm then fully mesh, the second pass wants to slide off the mesh. Water is running down the strands.

I use 8 or 10mm mesh if I can. Less chance of slump cracking.

I find when you you apply say 10mm then fully mesh, the second pass wants to slide off the mesh. Water is running down the strands.

Have you ever used this stuff John.

CASEA Bauprotec 850 M – Lightweight Lime Cement Render

Are you getting the same when the first coat has cured John?

where you based mate?
Altrincham

Just to get this right at, 15 mm and 2 passes it sounds to me that this time of year maybe better to do a scratch coat with mesh and then do a top coat a separate day?

Is this doable, also looks like I'm going to go with Johnstones as all of their products we have used have been top quality and they do next day delivery etc

you could rend aid with mesh but if you do a scratch coat with OCR can lead to quite a bit of suction I've tried that once and didn't like it also it's defeating the object Rendaid mesh then 10mm would be fine

Altrincham

Just to get this right at, 15 mm and 2 passes it sounds to me that this time of year maybe better to do a scratch coat with mesh and then do a top coat a separate day?

Is this doable, also looks like I'm going to go with Johnstones as all of their products we have used have been top quality and they do next day delivery etc

Yes, in the cooler conditions this will work.

Some products like Parmurex is waterproof though so if you do have a bit of grab then maybe 2 passes same day.

Yes, in the cooler conditions this will work.

Some products like Parmurex is waterproof though so if you do have a bit of grab then maybe 2 passes same day.
your right when I did it was over some old stone so did a scratch then left it topped it off but sucked quite a bit but was summer time