nvq

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveplasterite

Hi everyone first time on here,ive been plastering for 6yrs and now have my own plastering business which is going well. I was taught by an uncle so i never gained any qualifications in plastering and i would now like to change that.I would be very gratefull for any advice on how to get my nvq i understand that you can do an ewpa,but what does that entail as 90% of the last 6yrs has been spent doing re-skims,boarding,covering artex but not much exterior rendering or floor screeding.

Welcome Steve , I'm sure someone will be a long soon to point you in the right direction ;)

what do you want the nvq for? what level etc?

teaching is level 3 and you need to be able to show you can do pretty much everything. ie skimming boarding floating. outside rendering, dashing, tyrolean, screeding i think coving. and maybe tape and joint

dunno if that helps or not

Thanks for the replies.I was wanting the nvq to so that i can get my cscs card ive worked on sites quite a few times over the last few years and my cscs health and safety was enough but more and more are asking for cscs plasterers card which you need to be qualified to get.

you need to be able to run moulds and fiborous cornice also. in situ would be a bonus aswell as on a bench

steveplasterite said:
Hi everyone first time on here,ive been plastering for 6yrs and now have my own plastering business which is going well. I was taught by an uncle so i never gained any qualifications in plastering and i would now like to change that.I would be very gratefull for any advice on how to get my nvq i understand that you can do an ewpa,but what does that entail as 90% of the last 6yrs has been spent doing re-skims,boarding,covering artex but not much exterior rendering or floor screeding.

welcome, there is a thread on the CSCS have a read this may answer some of your questions http://www.plasterersforum.co.uk/plasterers-forum/index.php/topic,4581.0.html

steve all you need is nvq level 2 aslong as you can use a straight edge put up beads etc youre fine you dont have to do any renders or fibrous stuff but you may still have to be able to answer questions on external plastering , where are you based mate im going through bridgewater college for mine nice chap i can pm you his number if you want

spunky said:
steve all you need is nvq level 2 aslong as you can use a straight edge put up beads etc youre fine you dont have to do any renders or fibrous stuff but you may still have to be able to answer questions on external plastering , where are you based mate im going through bridgewater college for mine nice chap i can pm you his number if you want

What happened to your skilled workers card that runs out in 2012?

spunky said:
i was told a 5 year health and safety card was standard when i was applying ???

I dont understand mate youve got a card that doesnt run out till 2012 so why are you getting another?

Status
Not open for further replies.