Non paying nonce.

Members online

roryston

Here we go then I knew it was only a matter of time!

Done a 3 sider rendering job 4 weeks ago.

Was a nightmare to be honest, the builder who is a friend of mine had some problems with his labourers they jacked leaving me to do the job mostly with him as my labourer never the less job got done client was happy.

Didn't hear anything regarding money for nearly 2 weeks. I'm used to that with him he has always been a bit of a slow payer.

Anyway got a call a bead has been damaged can I pop up and sort it. No problems I got that done still nothing said about money.

Little did I know the client hasn't been answering the phone to my mate he still owes my mate £5000 for my work and his work but that's not my problem I need to be weighed in.

My mate is on holiday tonight..... No answer to my calls.

The client is on holiday tommrrow night......

I'm at a point were im going to hack the lot off if there's no news or even a call to tell me what's going on.

I'm in at 2.5k do I risk losing the lot or wait??

Pretty rude that to be fair ... my guess is he been paid and taking your money on holiday with him... leave a hasty text message and say what you're thinking of doing if he doesn't get back to you..
Maybe just call around to the house face to face they can't hide.

It's easy to lose your head in these moments and then afterwards realise you were irrational. Try and stay calm and sort it when they're both back home .
It's not right you haven't been paid but I'm sure you will be. You're just not a priority at the moment. All the fun of self employment .

Happened to me before but was the first job I'd done for the guy. Waited 6weeks then I went round to the customers house, they had the money sat there waiting since I'd finished the job. Just never know who to believe, full of bullshitters the building game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the kango out I say 4 weeks is plenty of time to weigh you in although after the first two calls were ignored I would of just been knocking on the door for my doe if I was you now I'd drive round there unannounced and knock on door and ask where your doe is either the client or builder is pulling your pants down and look at it this way it's only 9pm have hammer and bolster in your hand ready to say it's coming off if I don't get a transfer now

It's easy to lose your head in these moments and then afterwards realise you were irrational. Try and stay calm and sort it when they're both back home .
It's not right you haven't been paid but I'm sure you will be. You're just not a priority at the moment. All the fun of self employment .
Don't have to lose it but I feel that 4 weeks is enough time to pay it's how you behave once your at the door lose your head lose the argument so just say I want my doe what's going on I had it before chasing money getting fobbed off so one day I turned up unannounced a he was shocked and went and got my doe shouldn't be that way but at times u gotta do what you gotta do especially with young kids indoors more than one way to skin a cat

I'd give him a bit more time , until you definitely know it's dead in the water . Then you can do what you have to do . Anyway it's your so called mate you need to be knocking on the door if , you done the job for him . I might throw a few fucks down the phone / voicemail

Nice he can go on a holiday like and leave you hanging friend or not, even he's not been paid by his customer.

Wait till they've both got back, then confront them both together at the same time. You'll find the liar! Customer = smash the beads off and spray paint whatever you find fitting in your moment of rage. If he's your mate he'll pick you up from the cells. Mate = massive lesson learnt, no mates in this game.

It eats you up though thinking you been taken for a mug and starts making 100 calls with no answer things go through your head Mrs on ya case for bill money can't sleep properly not good for the soul doesn't matter if slow payer 4 weeks is enough in my mind

Winds you up when they don't answer, when normally they answer after 2 rings or ring you up frequently telling you how much work they have coming up for you. Few grand in and they fall off the face of the earth.

I'd try to stay cool, go and see the house owner, tbh I'm terrible for paying people but always intend too

Don't usually write anything on the forum but this touched a nerve,money/cheque, every Friday or look about someone else,that's my number one rule

I.d go small claim.s rather then rip it down . To much hard work and you.ll still be out of pocket

Weigh it all up before you decide what to do next would be my advice.
Your contract is with the builder not the householder, most people are pretty reasonable and rational treat them as such to start with, any builder should pay the lads working for him regardless if he had been paid or not.
It happened to me a few years ago I got knocked for 8 grand on a domestic render job, I still paid the lads that worked on it regardless, that's what contractors should do and take it in the shoulders if and when it happens.

All you do is send out a letter stating you want payment and if there is any problems which is why payment is being held back then could they make you aware.. ASAP.. Please reply in 14 days.. Then another follow up letter threatening court. If nothing then get down small claims.. You do not need a solicitor. Do not pay for a solicitor. You just fill in form and pay to file claim. If it goes to court you just stand there and say. Mr x owes you... Here is receipts and pictures or what little evidence you have regarding job and printed off communications.. All nice and official. That's it.. If you get nasty. Threatening. Throwing your weight around then don't bother with court you won't get money. Nobody wants ccj.. You will properly get paid. Templates and information on net for free. Good luck...

All you do is send out a letter stating you want payment and if there is any problems which is why payment is being held back then could they make you aware.. ASAP.. Please reply in 14 days.. Then another follow up letter threatening court. If nothing then get down small claims.. You do not need a solicitor. Do not pay for a solicitor. You just fill in form and pay to file claim. If it goes to court you just stand there and say. Mr x owes you... Here is receipts and pictures or what little evidence you have regarding job and printed off communications.. All nice and official. That's it.. If you get nasty. Threatening. Throwing your weight around then don't bother with court you won't get money. Nobody wants ccj.. You will properly get paid. Templates and information on net for free. Good luck...
Know one is above the law of the land.

I wouldn't wanna be writing up letters and waiting for more time when your kids need feeding can't see the problem with going face to face ain't gotta be violent has it but at least your there then and can't not ignore you

Cheers for all the advice lads.

Got in touch with my mate early this morning he's on his way to Jamaica!!! Alright for some isn't it!!!

He couldn't get in touch with the client yesturday and ran out of time to go round there. And settle up. I would happily go round myself but it's a hour drive from my house so probably will be a wasted drive

Mates offered to pay up Monday as he s getting a weigh in from another job his lads are on so I'm catching up with them Monday evening.

Well done for all the advice lads. I know it's a small amount of money compared to some of you but it's still my money and I want it!!

Cheers for all the advice lads.

Got in touch with my mate early this morning he's on his way to Jamaica!!! Alright for some isn't it!!!

He couldn't get in touch with the client yesturday and ran out of time to go round there. And settle up. I would happily go round myself but it's a hour drive from my house so probably will be a wasted drive

Mates offered to pay up Monday as he s getting a weigh in from another job his lads are on so I'm catching up with them Monday evening.

Well done for all the advice lads. I know it's a small amount of money compared to some of you but it's still my money and I want it!!
I'd take it all back if I was short changed a quid don't get rich by giving it away

If he went to Jamaica yesterday it's cheaper as most of the summer holiday hike prices didn't start till today