Status
Not open for further replies.

arthur

Hi All,
Brill forum.
My info to date. C&G Apprenticeship. Basic Artexing/coving.Worked for 18 years with local family builders and short period on own carrying out small jobs/extensions,etc no site work.Out of trade for 15years just started back on the trowel at home,went to builders merchants for Thistle Board Finish and asked for Carlite Bonding and was told I was out of touch and they only sold multi finish plaster!!
What has changed,what products do the majority use these days as I want to be in the know not feel like a duh:(
I used the multi finish on plasterboarded walls which was good.
Used PVA over wallpaper stripped walls and skimmed 2 coats with the multi which also provided a good finish but when it came to the lounge walls I ended up with quite a few hollows on trowelling up and couldn't work out why this happened but think it could be that the walls are really uneven, any offers of advice as not had a great deal of experience of over skimming.
The PVA was a cheap screwfix own brand but the plaster was fresh.

Aslo,where is the best place to get tools/mixing baths/feather edges and does anybody use those great looking stilts.

cheers for now

Arthur

Hello Arthur,

Welcome to the forum, The walls could just be uneven, if I want perfect walls either is bonding to pull them out with or I use an 18inch trowel when flattening in which works really well for me.

I like the 18 on p/board nice finishes.

As far as tools have a look on ebay (use the banners on the site ---- helps me too) or B&Q have all the marshalltown stuff at competitive prices.

Good luck

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.