New silicone render wrong colour.. Can we paint?

Members online

Jwp20050

Hi all,

Ive just had my house rendered in sbs envirowall flexisil.

Quality of the job is great, but now it's been done the colour looks like magnolia in the sunlight which is the one thing we didn't want! Only option is to paint it... But as it's new can we just go straight on with a silicone paint or do we need to prime?

Hi all,

Quality of the job is great, but now it's been done the colour looks like magnolia in the sunlight which is the one thing we didn't want! Only option is to paint it... But as it's new can we just go straight on with a silicone paint or do we need to prime?
@ best to Leave it alone ‘,

Hi all,

Yes you can no problem,
just use silicone masonry, x3 coats, same make up as tc, and makes the texture more subtle looks better.

Yes you can no problem,
just use silicone masonry, x3 coats, same make up as tc, and makes the texture more subtle looks better.
Does look better doesn’t it. Local shops near me were done in thin coat. Walls were ruined by kids kicking footballs against it. It all got re painted and it’s better than the original finish.

Does look better doesn’t it. Local shops near me were done in thin coat. Walls were ruined by kids kicking footballs against it. It all got re painted and it’s better than the original finish.
Just got silicone paint for my buildings (y)

As long as the original finish isn’t acrylic there won’t be a problem
How come mate? I've painted them, I was always told that as long as you use acrylic masonry or silicon masonry it would be fine on acrylic thin coat

How come mate? I've painted them, I was always told that as long as you use acrylic masonry or silicon masonry it would be fine on acrylic thin coat
Acrylic isn’t breathable, so if you put silicone on top it will have a detrimental effect on both the texture background and the painted surface. That came from someone at sto
You can use acrylic paint on acrylic texture and the same goes for silicone, just can’t mix them up, apparently????

Acrylic isn’t breathable, so if you put silicone on top it will have a detrimental effect on both the texture background and the painted surface. That came from someone at sto
You can use acrylic paint on acrylic texture and the same goes for silicone, just can’t mix them up, apparently????
You know who has always told me you can, sto's new top dog, Sean, think your better trusting your own instincts mate than them pen pushers