new guy

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro.Spread

8) hi guys site looks good just wondering how soon can you plaster sand cement render on internal walls of an old kitchen, i normally leave it a week but just wondering could you plaster the render say 6 to 8 hours later? :-\ :)

You need to leave it to dry out properly mate so I usually leave it a week. There is some stuff i am told you can buy though and it is ready to do the same day. Not sure what its called but it costs about 30 a bag

thanks mucker, just thought might be able to take short cut, i read one bit today a felllow spread on this site said he put set coat on bonding as soon as possible, just thought it might work with sand cement, cheers

no mate what it is... sand and cement shrinks when drying so if you skim it this will set and the cement will still shrink so it will crack the skim ;)

kirk johnstone said:
no mate what it is... sand and cement shrinks when drying so if you skim it this will set and the cement will still shrink so it will crack the skim ;)
thanks mate, of course that make sence, some times we you ask a question that really you should know the answer to :-[

just skim it pro ....... yes in an ideal situation leave it to dry out but 99% of jobs they want it done and done yesterday. if the job is large where i have a weeks worth of floating then i leave it but small jobs i float and skim the next day.
How many builders/customers/developers etc are happy to wait a week before you finish then another week before they can paint????? ......answer...... NONE!

richardbrown said:
just skim it pro ....... yes in an ideal situation leave it to dry out but 99% of jobs they want it done and done yesterday. if the job is large where i have a weeks worth of floating then i leave it but small jobs i float and skim the next day.
How many builders/customers/developers etc are happy to wait a week before you finish then another week before they can paint????? ......answer...... NONE!

as long as you dont mind going back and patching for free ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.