Mt permaflex

Have you ever had a curry trowel ? Think that will be my next one , never seen them but would like to see how they are , the American dude on here I read said over there they are all the rage
I've tried to get one online but with no success.I regret not bringing one home with me from Boston in 2004 when I went on a holiday to see the cousin who was working at board hanging as he called it.Anyway the holiday turned into 3 months skimming with diamond veneer finish.I'm sorry I did'nt travel more.

Have you ever had a curry trowel ? Think that will be my next one , never seen them but would like to see how they are , the American dude on here I read said over there they are all the rage
Do Nela do 14 x 5 carbon

I've tried to get one online but with no success.I regret not bringing one home with me from Boston in 2004 when I went on a holiday to see the cousin who was working at board hanging as he called it.Anyway the holiday turned into 3 months skimming with diamond veneer finish.I'm sorry I did'nt travel more.
Sorry forgot to answer your question,yes they are good on par with MT.

I'm hawk mate , it's mt on the right and nela on left see how straight it's stayed I flicked between them two depending what I'm skimming over but as I said earlier the nela is edging number one spot lately and I never thought I'd be saying that tbh

That's until you was paid to do so lol

It is def a cracker trowel for sand cement mate. Really happy with it now it's starting to wear in. Once wears in more I'll try it out skimming. Do like the xtralite for skimming though.

I'd say my one is ready for skimming. But it took 2 years to get it down. Just shows how strong the trowel is. I'll be getting an other one for sure. Hope they still make the one I have. I remember skimmers giving out it was to hard to brake in. Lol that's what makes it a good trowel solid as f**k. @Plasterers1StopShop u still got them.

What did you think of the diamond veneer

I want the curry aswell I don't know how to get my hands on one though, I emailed curry from their website but didn't hear anything back. It would make a lovely addition to my collection.

I want a curry trowel :)
I'm gonna phone California to find out how to get them, I looked and there hq don't have email, 8 hours time difference is only problem though
I can't find them on eBay, the guy from USA uses a nela premium so they must be better or equally as good.
There is a few but not the Carbon and not the ones I'd want off there website, the dude in USA said he rated the curry more than mt over there so they must be kinda good I'm thinking, also is Bon curry trowel too ?

I'm gonna phone California to find out how to get them, I looked and there hq don't have email, 8 hours time difference is only problem though

There is a few but not the Carbon and not the ones I'd want off there website, the dude in USA said he rated the curry more than mt over there so they must be kinda good I'm thinking, also is Bon curry trowel too ?
How many trowels do you own altogether? Truth

I've emailed a few people over there but no joy so far, some proper trowel geeks on this forum (y)

How many trowels do you own altogether? Truth
Honestly I don't know, I got all sorts mate, it's a passion. :sisi:

IMG_9362.JPG

@Heritage Plasters send me a curry trowel mate?:lol:

I'm not surprised it's hard to get them. Unless you know where to go a curry is hard to get here too. I generally call them and order direct. Last time I did they were 1.5 months out on their orders. (It's not usually that way but they had an issue getting their stainless in stock.)

The main difference between the steel on the curry vs the nela is the stiffness and spring of the steel. The nela is a lot stiffer than my curry. Some of that is because it's thinner but I have a 14x4.5 Curry which is the same as the nela and it's still more flexible. It'd not a ton but noticeable.

Curry trowels are made to order so you can customize the size to be exactly what you want. Standard width is generally 5" unless you ask for something else specifically. (they also make notch trowels, darbys, slickers, etc.)

They do need to be broken in the be their best. I usually diamond stone my edges and set the trowel first thing and it's usually ready to skim right away and just gets better with time. (there is a coating on the steel that's annoying but it comes off pretty quickly.) Let me know if you have trouble and what you might be looking for specifically. Maybe a trowel swap will be I order. I can't find a plaziflex or speed skim over here. (y)

I think they can be made to order yes with specific sizes, I think @Vincey will be the first to get one unless @Heritage Plasters comes good and sends me one ;)
It's proving harder than I thought to get them , I'll keep you posted mate
I'm not surprised it's hard to get them. Unless you know where to go a curry is hard to get here too. I generally call them and order direct. Last time I did they were 1.5 months out on their orders. (It's not usually that way but they had an issue getting their stainless in stock.)

The main difference between the steel on the curry vs the nela is the stiffness and spring of the steel. The nela is a lot stiffer than my curry. Some of that is because it's thinner but I have a 14x4.5 Curry which is the same as the nela and it's still more flexible. It'd not a ton but noticeable.

Curry trowels are made to order so you can customize the size to be exactly what you want. Standard width is generally 5" unless you ask for something else specifically. (they also make notch trowels, darbys, slickers, etc.)

They do need to be broken in the be their best. I usually diamond stone my edges and set the trowel first thing and it's usually ready to skim right away and just gets better with time. (there is a coating on the steel that's annoying but it comes off pretty quickly.) Let me know if you have trouble and what you might be looking for specifically. Maybe a trowel swap will be I order. I can't find a plaziflex or speed skim over here. (y)
what website would you go on to order them ?

For those interested in ordering a curry trowels directly or talking to them here is the number. 714-540-4299 (no idea if they ship internationally)

I just called them a few minutes ago to check. They need about two weeks lead time to get an order of stainless steel trowels out.

14x5 $52.52
16x5 $55.60
(plus shipping)

No Magnesium hawks just aluminum. Apparently the price of magnesium has skyrocketed in the last year so no word on if they'll be making them again. :( (I have one I've been saving now I'm scared to use it.)

It's proving harder than I thought to get them , I'll keep you posted mate

what website would you go on to order them ?

I call the factory direct. Their website is setup more for distributors than for us users. You can get a curry from bon tool but then you also get the privilege of paying their markup and only getting the sizes they have in stock. I like to go to the source.