Mt permaflex

Members online

Cornelius

had a go on one of these today and for me they are the best flexi trowel I've encountered, comfortable and light and no tearing or stripes well impressed but a little pricey another trowel I don't really need but desperately want

I was just going to start a thread so will add it to this one as it's related, I'm after a 12" marshalltown trowel with the black edge on the handle(not the gold)

Cheapest place to get these please?

this fella feels the same !!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170830-194237.png
    Screenshot_20170830-194237.png
    720.9 KB · Views: 273
I was just going to start a thread so will add it to this one as it's related, I'm after a 12" marshalltown trowel with the black edge on the handle(not the gold)

I got my 12 incher from Marshall town tools U.K. Not sure where cheapest is though, lovely little trowel

I just eBayed some other trowels including refina super flex which I didn't like so I put the money from that towards this!

To be honest I am quite surprised the Mt flex trowel is any good... did not look well engineered at all...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It's called a xtralite miles better then the gold handle one , I think there is Marshall town outlet in Braintree Essex you can order from but not sure on the prices it's marshalltown tools . Co.uk

Well to put a spanner in my works today, my nela Carbon took 1st place over my mt Carbon in my first to go to trowel competition,
Maybe I'm just a weirdo but the mt is still kicking (don't get me wrong) but the nela is just so solid which is what clinches the 1st place ATM,
it's took a while but it's just lost the corners digging in that i was getting from when it was new and now just feels blessed.

I'm still to use the permaflex ( my mate stole it before I had chance to use it) , I seen @gps got one a while back and was waiting for his review ( but like most things he never comes through) so keep me posted @Cornelius how yours goes mate .

Well to put a spanner in my works today, my nela Carbon took 1st place over my mt Carbon in my first to go to trowel competition,
Maybe I'm just a weirdo but the mt is still kicking (don't get me wrong) but the nela is just so solid which is what clinches the 1st place ATM,
it's took a while but it's just lost the corners digging in that i was getting from when it was new and now just feels blessed.

I'm still to use the permaflex ( my mate stole it before I had chance to use it) , I seen @gps got one a while back and was waiting for his review ( but like most things he never comes through) so keep me posted @Cornelius how yours goes mate .
Was waiting on that review myself lol

Excuse me dear vincey I did give my opinion on it, I must admit I didn't like it at first, but know I use it all the time it's a beauty, it looks and feels much better made than the refina I had

Excuse me dear vincey I did give my opinion on it, I must admit I didn't like it at first, but know I use it all the time it's a beauty, it looks and feels much better made than the refina I had
Stop shamelessly plugging stuff on here Gordon, always the same with you, how much you getting paid this time?

I hate to say I was disappointed in mine the blade started bending and it completely lost its shape so I sent it back to Nottingham p1ss and they replaced it with a stainless (which I know are awesome) re united again with the stainless premium, happy days (y)

Haven't came across a mt one yet, not a fan of refina one either. Nela medi is still goto flexi, if I bother, some times don't use them at all.

I hate to say I was disappointed in mine the blade started bending and it completely lost its shape so I sent it back to Nottingham p1ss and they replaced it with a stainless (which I know are awesome) re united again with the stainless premium, happy days (y)
The hard nela? Wasn't sure about it at first as it was so rigid but really like it now. Haven't used it skimming yet, corners aren't worn in enough yet,or sharpened up enough. Nice for sand cement work though

Looked and felt decent to me, what didn't you like?

The tape that holds the blade together was showing signs of delamination from new... the blade was also rippled... (I bought one at full rrp a's well)

It did not feel like a quality item... I prefer the feel of the Regina one over the Mt one...

Was not impressed to be honest... but that is just my opinion :)

The tape that holds the blade together was showing signs of delamination from new... the blade was also rippled... (I bought one at full rrp a's well)

It did not feel like a quality item... I prefer the feel of the Regina one over the Mt one...

It arrived today and after a very close inspection I'm happy with the way it looks hopefully it will be durable once it's put to use, bit of a shame I'm not working tomorrow because I'm looking forward to using it.

It arrived today and after a very close inspection I'm happy with the way it looks hopefully it will be durable once it's put to use, bit of a shame I'm not working tomorrow because I'm looking forward to using it.
Mate did you mean the nela Carbon you wasn't happy with ? I took this picture today mines as straight as can be still
IMG_9295.JPG

IMG_9297.JPG

What's u do with it then, did u get refund or swap it or anything?

It's called a xtralite miles better then the gold handle one , I think there is Marshall town outlet in Braintree Essex you can order from but not sure on the prices it's marshalltown tools . Co.uk

Wtf ..... where? Normally travel miles to pick up a trowel, be happy if there is an outlet on my doorstep

Mate did you mean the nela Carbon you wasn't happy with ? I took this picture today mines as straight as can be still
View attachment 19162
View attachment 19163
Yes it was the nela Carbon I sent back, they come with a five year warranty and the guys were very helpful about it so I asked for a stainless replacement. Top trowels the nela I would recommend to anyone unfortunately I must have got a dud, can't wait to get using this new one

Wtf ..... where? Normally travel miles to pick up a trowel, be happy if there is an outlet on my doorstep
  • MAP(UK)
    Unit 12, Lakes Farm, Off Queenborough Lane, Rayne, Braintree, Essex CM77 6TE
    If i remember correctly you can order and pay and go pick up , but you can't pay in there

I have the solid nela trowel for render. It's the best trowel iv had for render
It is def a cracker trowel for sand cement mate. Really happy with it now it's starting to wear in. Once wears in more I'll try it out skimming. Do like the xtralite for skimming though.

f**k sake vince are they hand boards or trowels I mean hawks for the southern s
I'm hawk mate , it's mt on the right and nela on left see how straight it's stayed I flicked between them two depending what I'm skimming over but as I said earlier the nela is edging number one spot lately and I never thought I'd be saying that tbh

I'm hawk mate , it's mt on the right and nela on left see how straight it's stayed I flicked between them two depending what I'm skimming over but as I said earlier the nela is edging number one spot lately and I never thought I'd be saying that tbh
The Nela is a good trowel right up there with MT.

The Nela is a good trowel right up there with MT.
Have you ever had a curry trowel ? Think that will be my next one , never seen them but would like to see how they are , the American dude on here I read said over there they are all the rage