Monocouche over render?

Members online

No members online now.

Fantasy

My house has a few cracks in it. The builder said he can cut them out and re-render. He suggested that after they were fixed, it would be better if I had monocouche put over the whole house (well, my part of the semi) to protect it.

I have been searching this online and can't find anything about it being applied over existing render and paint. I would be grateful for advice.

My house has a few cracks in it. The builder said he can cut them out and re-render. He suggested that after they were fixed, it would be better if I had monocouche put over the whole house (well, my part of the semi) to protect it.

I have been searching this online and can't find anything about it being applied over existing render and paint. I would be grateful for advice.

He is talking s**t

Can be done. Both Parex and Vimark have suitable products and you would get a house that looks like new

Several options here, 1st and the most cost efficient: Arenino could be applied on painted render if the old render and paint are solid, without dust and no much water-repellent, eg no varnish. Suggest sanding wall before appling Arenino and, to have the best link, mix Arenino with water + 1 liter of Vimarlatex 883 per bag.

The second option would be Rasolite, equivalent to Parinter, and Arenino finish, eg same option as advised @Curry but in Vimark vs Parex material.

3rd option would be going back to block and redoing everything in Mono, same option as suggested @theclemo especially if existing render is not solid

Arenino method statement:
http://www.vimark.com/en/prodotti/mineral-coating-arenino-vk2/

Rasolite method statement:
http://www.vimark.com/en/prodotti/fibre-reinforced-mineral-coating-rasolite/

I really appreciate all your comments.

The house is nearly 70 years old and there are a few small cracks appearing and a few rather large ones, which means they need to be cut back as they are slightly blown. Is it really worth putting a monocouche on afterwards or should I just stick with getting the render repaired? It is a semi and the builder said he would cut into the line between the two houses and put in a block so that if anything happened next door, it would not affect my finish.

Lol so if you cut you and your neighbours house apart and if anything happens to his house yours will be fine? Lol post up what he says he is going to use and what gear might give us a clue what else he has got planned :)

Flynnyman, I have to chuckle! I now imagine his section topping over while mine is left standing. Next door is a council house and until last year it had ivy going rampant all over the render. I don't know why mine is the one with cracks! (Actually, most cracks seem to come from the window area so I really wonder if the guys were a bit heavy-handed when they replaced my windows a few years ago.)

I was given the option of him cutting out the cracks and using silicone (cheaper option), or of him chipping the blown areas back and using render, then painting. He then suggested instead of painting, a monocouche over the top to protect it all, if I wanted that option. When I said that it seemed a waste because next door could always develop a crack and blow the plaster and that would affect mine, he said they would use a diamond drill to cut the render between the two sections and put in a plate to separate it.

As you can no doubt tell, I know nothing about building! This guy is the son of a long-time neighbour.

Flynnyman, I have to chuckle! I now imagine his section topping over while mine is left standing. Next door is a council house and until last year it had ivy going rampant all over the render. I don't know why mine is the one with cracks! (Actually, most cracks seem to come from the window area so I really wonder if the guys were a bit heavy-handed when they replaced my windows a few years ago.)

I was given the option of him cutting out the cracks and using silicone (cheaper option), or of him chipping the blown areas back and using render, then painting. He then suggested instead of painting, a monocouche over the top to protect it all, if I wanted that option. When I said that it seemed a waste because next door could always develop a crack and blow the plaster and that would affect mine, he said they would use a diamond drill to cut the render between the two sections and put in a plate to separate it.

As you can no doubt tell, I know nothing about building! This guy is the son of a long-time neighbour.
Or yours toppling over lol sounds like your builders making it up as he goes.

IMG_5286.JPG

It's decent
Very limey.the texture pulls into it also and is dry a few hours later.
Once it bonds to solid paint it ain't coming off with full mesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you prime it before thin coat ? Sorry for all the questions but pricing a job Friday that's got loads of painted or rendered surfaces that all want finishing the same .

I like jub and prorends gear TBH

Hi Mate, would you be able to try Arenino over Rasolite with a mesh in it and compare vs your current method. Arenino should be able to give you 8m2 at £14 per bag and a nice good looking finish. Rasolite at £10 per bag is a decent coating, to be applied over painted but solid render, it is well comparable with Parinter mate.

I really appreciate all your comments.

The house is nearly 70 years old and there are a few small cracks appearing and a few rather large ones, which means they need to be cut back as they are slightly blown. Is it really worth putting a monocouche on afterwards or should I just stick with getting the render repaired? It is a semi and the builder said he would cut into the line between the two houses and put in a block so that if anything happened next door, it would not affect my finish.
If your render is cracking and been on a long time ! Why trust it to hold a new load of render ? Adding more weight to a old background makes no sense

If your render is cracking and been on a long time ! Why trust it to hold a new load of render ? Adding more weight to a old background makes no sense

Just because it's cracked doesn't mean is blown and not a sound substrate. Retrofitting some bed joint reinforcement will help control cracking.

Do you prime it before thin coat ? Sorry for all the questions but pricing a job Friday that's got loads of painted or rendered surfaces that all want finishing the same .

I would as it's high lime content will pull it in

With parinter it's a 4mm render system so if there's a few cracks with it being fully meshed it ain't going any where
I wouldn't be putting mono over mind
Each to there own I guess

With parinter it's a 4mm render system so if there's a few cracks with it being fully meshed it ain't going any where
I wouldn't be putting mono over mind
Each to there own I guess

A thin coat system would be the best. Original poster wanted mono though

Can u go over parinter with mono on a painted wall. I can't see it to be honest. I've never used it so don't know anything about it. But would be nice if you could have a few jobs coming up.